New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Compatable strip lights

biggs55

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Compatable strip lights

I have a couple Excalibur Lights (SP studio systems) . I'm trying to get a couple 1x 4 or 1x3 strip boxes to use with these, but I am not Familiar with how all these things work together.

Can anybody point me in the right direction brand boxes (decent) and the Speed rings needed. I can't seem to figure this stuff out.

Jun 07, 2013 at 09:07 AM
biggs55

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Compatable strip lights

Well, I can find speed rings to connect SP Softboxes with other brand Monolights , but can't seem to find speedrings to connect other softboxes to sp monolights . The problem Sp Studio Systems doesn't make Strip Boxes ( at least I haven't found any).

I guess maybe none of the bigger names bother trying to make their boxes compatble with SP Lights.I was hoping to use the two I have on each side .

Jun 08, 2013 at 09:40 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Compatable strip lights

I don't know what kind of mount the SP lights use, but if it's a common one like a Bowens mount or a Balcar mount then speedrings will be easy to find.

Is there a dealer or distributor you can call to find out what mount it is? (I looked online, but nothing I found says it.)

Jun 08, 2013 at 08:10 PM
biggs55

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Compatable strip lights

Its 3 1/2 inch Diameter , and has three L shape cutouts that are held on by Handscrews . B & H sells the SP Stuff ,but there isn't alot that they make.

I found This ,but it got bad reviews. It may be my only option if I want to use these lights for the side lights.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/396701-REG/Photoflex_SC_B9060SPR_Speed_Ring_for_SP.html

I may have to get different lights and only use the excaliburs with grids and the softboxes they offer. The mounting system Sucks.

Jun 09, 2013 at 07:39 AM
biggs55

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Compatable strip lights

Just found a 1 X 3 box for them . Thanks

Jun 09, 2013 at 01:53 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Compatable strip lights

The Westcott Apollo Strip 16 x 30" sets up like an umbrella and doesn't require speed rings at all. Very handy.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Jun 11, 2013 at 01:49 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.