FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Finao play book vs ravebook

spink
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Finao play book vs ravebook

In the past we have used the ravebook for our parental albums but are now considering the play book. Any thoughts or advice from those that have seen both? We haven't seen a play book in person.

Jun 06, 2013 at 01:16 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Finao play book vs ravebook

I like the quality of the paper in the Playbook, I like that the print is seamless, but I don't like that it doesn't lay flat. My clients have the choice of the Playbook or BRI's hinged Photobook for their parent albums.

Jun 06, 2013 at 02:25 PM
bwield
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Finao play book vs ravebook

Ron,
Do you have a preference between the BRI hinged vs the Finao Playbook?

Edit: The Playbook is supposed to lay flat. Does it not in practice?

Jun 06, 2013 at 02:34 PM
widjayaman
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Finao play book vs ravebook

The playbook is WAYYYY better than BRI hinged. not even close.

It lays flat but not quite, which I think is part of the territory with seamless albums with this page thickness level.

Jun 06, 2013 at 03:12 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Finao play book vs ravebook

I disagree, widjayaman. To me, the quality of the paper is very similar. What I've found is that some couples really prefer the BRI Photobook because it lays flat, as opposed to the Finao Playbook. But what also comes into play is the seam. With the Playbook, there is no middle gap and the photo appears seamless. With the hinged BRI Photobook, there is a gap in the middle. Again, some clients prefer the seamless look of the Playbook. That's why I offer both. Since I do most of my designs in squares, it doesn't matter which book they choose. I push the Finao's "The One" album as the wedding album, but they can choose the BRI Photobook as the Parent's album, no big deal, no changes in design.

@bwield, I like them both. If I had to choose one for myself, I'd probably go with the BRI hinged Photobook as I like that it lays flat and the small gap doesn't really bother me.

Jun 07, 2013 at 09:27 AM
DavidCZ
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Finao play book vs ravebook

widjayaman wrote:
The playbook is WAYYYY better than BRI hinged. not even close.

It lays flat but not quite, which I think is part of the territory with seamless albums with this page thickness level.

Can you post any closeup photo of the cover and page?

I might get one Playbook sample soon.

BRI hinged book has a relative big gap in the middle. The canvas cover could also crack in a year, so I am thinking to replace it with Playbook.

Playbook can also be used as a guestbook, which is cool.

Jun 07, 2013 at 12:03 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Finao play book vs ravebook

We also offer the Playbook as parent albums to our clients. The Playbooks are a photo paper flush book and the BRI are a press pinter book. I prefer a photo paper book over a press book any day. The BRI press books are used for our guest books not just because it lays flat but also because BRI printing lines up across the gutter. So we can use design elements that span the gutter and be assured that they will be lined up on both halves of the spread as they should be when printed. We had lots of problems with this with other companies such as WHCC.

Jun 07, 2013 at 12:15 PM
spink
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Finao play book vs ravebook

Thanks for all your feedback, it's been quite helpful!

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:24 PM
mjoshi
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Finao play book vs ravebook

What is price difference between Finao playbook v/s BRI hinged book. I've ordered BRI hinged book sample and it was $134 for 11x14 30 page but paper was not that thick on BRI hinged book.

Jun 12, 2013 at 10:29 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.