Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · try#2 Fingerlakes Wedding:C&C please

prislotwo

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · try#2 Fingerlakes Wedding:C&C please

After many years of reading this forum I decided I should try and post......this is my second try...if it should work C&C is appreciated......

1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

4. 4

5. 5

6. 6

7. 7

8. 8

9. 9

10. 10

11. 11

12. 12

13. 13

14. 14

15. 15

16. 16

17. 17

18. 18

19. 19

20. 20

21. 21

22. 22

23. 23

24. 24

25. 25

26. 26

27. 27

28. 28

29. 29

30. 30

31. 31

32. 32

33. 33

34. 34

35. 35

36. 36

37. 37

38. 38

39. 39

40. 40

41. 41

42. 42

43. 43

44. 44

45. 45

46. 46

47. 47

48. 48

49. 49

Jun 06, 2013 at 05:09 PM
widjayaman
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · try#2 Fingerlakes Wedding:C&C please

Looks like a fun couple! Your exposure and compositions are fine, but I wish there's a bit more variety in camera angles. Now for some specific comments:

#1 - OK - I wish we see more of the face of the person on the left, or if the focus is on the person on the background.
#5 - this looks like an 'in-between' expression to me. Usually when I shoot guys getting ready like this I do several in a row, surely there's one with better facial expression?
#7 - White balance seems a little off
#9 - way too much vignette
#11 - like this a lot. A touch too bright for me but excellent otherwise.
#12-13 nice
#18 Once again the guy's facial expression would make this a no for me.
#22 - not sure this photo is good enough as a 'highlight'
#34 - the crop doesnt work for me.
#37 I like what you are trying to do here, but the pose just isn't very flattering. The dude looks like he's squatting.

I also wish you would have shot a wide angle frame of the lantern. That sky is killer!

Hope that helps! Thanks for sharing.

Jun 06, 2013 at 05:48 PM
prislotwo

p.1 #3 · try#2 Fingerlakes Wedding:C&C please

widjayaman wrote:
Looks like a fun couple! Your exposure and compositions are fine, but I wish there's a bit more variety in camera angles. Now for some specific comments:

#1 - OK - I wish we see more of the face of the person on the left, or if the focus is on the person on the background.
#5 - this looks like an 'in-between' expression to me. Usually when I shoot guys getting ready like this I do several in a row, surely there's one with better facial expression?
#7 - White balance seems a little off
#9 - way too much vignette
#11 - like
...Show more

thanks very much for taking the time to comment......points will taken....

Jun 06, 2013 at 06:02 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #4 · try#2 Fingerlakes Wedding:C&C please

22- Delete.

36, 37- Great framing.

42- Too bad the bride doesn't have good taste in brand selection. Maybe she should pay attention to Ashton Kutcher. Just kidding, of course- what do we now call her, a BwC, i.e., "Bride with a Camera"?

prislotwo wrote:
22. 22
http://prisloephotography.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/AnnaGarth222.jpg

36. 36
http://prisloephotography.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/AnnaGarth236.jpg

37. 37
http://prisloephotography.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/AnnaGarth237.jpg

42. 42
http://prisloephotography.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/AnnaGarth242.jpg

Jun 07, 2013 at 02:32 AM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · try#2 Fingerlakes Wedding:C&C please

Something was striking me about this set as I went through and I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then after a while I realized it. To me, it looks like nearly every shot here was taken with a 50mm lens. I'm guessing that's not true, but it sure feels like it. I'm a huge proponent of mixing things up just to keep the viewer interested. I hope this doesn't come off as an insult, but it was very easy to scroll through this set quickly without stopping. That's because it required to work from the viewer. The frames were too similar throughout. So I'd recommend getting some more compositional and lens variety.

For this one, I don't know any woman who would want to be shown so 'raw' on her wedding day unless the image was just amazing. To me a close up before make up is a no-no

For this simple portrait, I think you could have asked her to turn just her shoulders back to you OR to lift them up and back. Her posture looks more masculine because of her back protruding out behind her:

In general, I think you could focus a little more on storytelling. A lot of your photos have a single subject without anything else to add context or visual interest. That's something I've had to work on a lot too. I think it would be a help!

Jul 21, 2013 at 03:55 AM
canerino
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · try#2 Fingerlakes Wedding:C&C please

It was really hard for me to connect with this set. I dont know if there is a nice way to say it, but it just came off as rather boring. I think shooting a bit wider and working a bit closer would put you more in some of the situations. This would give a more intimate feel and often times a wider angle will include more context in the frame (ie, people, places, smiles, laughs, etc). The couple just seems very isolated from their guests in this set.

I do think your processing is clean and consistent.

Jul 23, 2013 at 08:37 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password