Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · D3 spot meter and AI-s lenses?

jphendren
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D3 spot meter and AI-s lenses?

Hi,

I just picked up a Nikon D3, and have a question about the spot meter. Last evening I was out shooting some landscapes with the D3, and I was shooting with the 50mm f/1.4 and 80-200mm f/4 AI-s lenses. I have the data for the lenses entered into the camera, so color matrix metering works. I switched to spot metering, and thought that the spot meter was connected to whatever focus point I had selected. Now looking at the manual back home, it seems that with manual focus lenses that the spot meter can only be in the center, is this true?

From the manual:

"(if non-CPU lens is used or if auto-area AF is in effect (pg. 76), camera will meter center focus point)."

Jun 06, 2013 at 10:44 AM
jphendren
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D3 spot meter and AI-s lenses?

I just answered my own question, the owners manual is correct. The spot meter is tied to the center focus point with AI-s lenses.

Jun 06, 2013 at 01:07 PM
saph
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D3 spot meter and AI-s lenses?

You might want to check in at the Nikon Manual Focus Glass thread in this forum, lots of talk there about Nikon manual lenses for any other questions you may have.

Jun 06, 2013 at 07:08 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.