Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Landscape Filter Kit

wayne sun

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Landscape Filter Kit

Currently I want to upgrade my screw-in filters to Filter Kit(Lee,Cokin stuff).I mainly used for landscape. So ND, CPL would be my preferences. So I want to ask FMers for help to build up my landscape filter kits. What brand, what stops.........(My lens: Zeiss 21 ZE) . Thanks so much!

Jun 06, 2013 at 03:19 PM
jphendren
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Landscape Filter Kit

For landscapes you need a circular polarizer, graduated neutral density filters in 2 and 3 stop strengths, and standard neutral density filters if you like slow/long shutter speeds during the day. All of these can be had in rectangular format, but only circular polarizers and neutral density filters can be had in screw on. Well I've heard that there are graduated filters that are round and screw on, but I would not want one, not flexible enough in regards to positioning. Singh Ray makes excellent filters that fit the Cokin or Lee holder systems. I prefer screw in filters for everything except graduated filters, and prefer B+W for screw in. B+W are made in Germany with solid brass rings, and Schott optical glass.

Jun 06, 2013 at 09:17 PM
GroovyGeek
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Landscape Filter Kit

jphendren wrote:
For landscapes you need a circular polarizer, graduated neutral density filters in 2 and 3 stop strengths, and standard neutral density filters if you like slow/long shutter speeds during the day. All of these can be had in rectangular format, but only circular polarizers and neutral density filters can be had in screw on. Well I've heard that there are graduated filters that are round and screw on, but I would not want one, not flexible enough in regards to positioning. Singh Ray makes excellent filters that fit the Cokin or Lee holder systems. I prefer screw in filters for
...Show more

Seems like you have never tried to use a screw-in 10-stop ND. A total royal grand pain in the a*s. Once you try the big stopper there is never going back. The convenience factor is astounding, as long as you are reasonably careful not to drop it and break it. At this time the only screw-in filter I use is a CPOL, and that is only because the CPOLs for the Lee system are obscenely expensive, even by Lee standards.

My current filter set is pretty simple
1) CPOL screw-in, 77mm, B+W
2) 3-stop screw-in, 77mm, rarely used, B+W
3) 3-stop ND for Lee holder, Hitech
4) Big stopper (10 stop), Lee
5) 2-stop and 3-stop soft and hard edges, Lee
6) 3 stop reverse GND, Singh-Ray
7) Adapter rings for all lenses I may want to use the above on

Jun 14, 2013 at 05:22 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password