Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Fuji X Pro 1 review

aboudd
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Fuji X Pro 1 review

I got a Fuji X Pro 1 a short while back, and while I love its output, the files are spectacular for an APC sensor, I find several of the controls frustrating, especially the "Q" quick menu button, I think it is poorly placed, and the view mode button. I do not think it should be a button at all, but a 3-position switch. I did a long review on my blog that you might want to read if you are thinking of buying one of these.

Go to: http://foto-gizmo.blogspot.com/2013/06/fun-frustrating-fuji-x-pro-1.html for the full write up.

Jun 04, 2013 at 07:16 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Fuji X Pro 1 review

Pretty camera but probably not the best choice for those with big mitts or fat finger tips. It that a RRS body plate (sans L bracket)?

Jun 05, 2013 at 12:14 AM
sjms
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Fuji X Pro 1 review

yes that is. I have the similar design on my X20 with the L. this has the grip built in.

Edited on Jun 05, 2013 at 12:33 PM · View previous versions

Jun 05, 2013 at 01:32 AM
aboudd
• • •
p.1 #4 · Fuji X Pro 1 review

Gochugogi wrote:
Pretty camera but probably not the best choice for those with big mitts or fat finger tips. It that a RRS body plate (sans L bracket)?

The camera size is not the issue, it fits my hand nicely - as the same size M9 did. It is not like I have some monster grotesque thumb on my right hand! The placement of the Q button adjacent to the built in thumb rest is a bit of a miss in ergonomic design. If it had been placed lower, next to the menu button, it would not be an issue. I suppose I could remove the RRS grip and see if it is any better, but my guess is it wouldn't make a difference.

Jun 05, 2013 at 09:55 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Steady Hand
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Fuji X Pro 1 review

aboudd wrote:
The camera size is not the issue, it fits my hand nicely - as the same size M9 did. It is not like I have some monster grotesque thumb on my right hand! The placement of the Q button adjacent to the built in thumb rest is a bit of a miss in ergonomic design. If it had been placed lower, next to the menu button, it would not be an issue. I suppose I could remove the RRS grip and see if it is any better, but my guess is it wouldn't make a difference.

I suspect you are right about the plate.

I suspect that having the plate on the bottom changes your hand grip position. I know it would mine.

Without the plate, I could see holding the camera differently. Plates that extend the entire length like that one can cause uncomfortable pressure at the bottom of the hand (inside of palm) or the "drumstick" part of the thumb, causing one to unconsciously shift the grip (of the thumb).

Hope these comments help.

Apr 11, 2014 at 09:14 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Fuji X Pro 1 review

I sold my X Pro-1 last month. I had the same RRS base plate on it, full time, but I didn't use the handle/grip attachment thingy. I have big mitts. I normally shoot Canon DSLR (currently 1D-series and 6D). The X Pro-1 felt fine, to me. In fact, it felt a little large, for what it is. I sold it to pay for an X-E2, which is almost exactly the same size as my X100s. Just right for this kind of camera.

P.S. I have the RRS base for the X-E2, but I normally don't have it attached, as it's noticeably thicker front-to-back than the base of the camera.

Apr 11, 2014 at 11:07 PM
bbryz30

p.1 #7 · Fuji X Pro 1 review

I haven't had any issues with the Q button positioning. But I found that adding a thumb rest such as one from Lensmate really improved the ergonomics of the camera and it should also prevent any accidental button presses.

I also like using the grips but my only issue with them is that in my case I need to change my hand positioning whenever my index finger reaches for the shutter button. Using the thumb rest feels more natural and keeps the hand in a more ideal position.

Apr 13, 2014 at 04:17 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password