Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2013 · PM notifications to email not working?

WiLLGT09
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · PM notifications to email not working?

I bought something on B&S the other day, and I noticed that the emails notifying you that you have a new PM weren't arriving or, from what I can tell, were never sent to my email. This is the first time I've noticed this happening. I've not changed my email address with my account, and nothing's being sent to Spam/Junk by mistake. And the check box in my profile settings for "PM email notification" is still checked "Yes." For example, I sent a reply PM on Friday, and it wasn't until I checked back on FM on Sunday that I have a new PM that was sent early Saturday morning.

Has anyone else noticed this happening or is it just me?

Thanks!
William

Jun 04, 2013 at 03:43 AM
mpmendenhall
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · PM notifications to email not working?

PM email notifications seem to currently be working for me (as of this morning). You can also check the headers on the PM notification email that you received late: you may be able to tell from the timestamps in the "Received" headers (which indicate the path of intermediate mail servers between the sender and you) whether there was a delay elsewhere in the system after the notification email got sent. Sometimes emails can get "stuck" for a while en-route to their destination.

For example, here are some headers from the PM notification I got this morning:

Received: by 10.194.20.106 with SMTP id m10csp98504wje; Tue, 4 Jun 2013 10:00:16 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from webdatabase.fredmiranda.com (webdatabase.fredmiranda.com. [50.23.151.178]) by mx.google.com with ESMTP id rl1si15420396pbc.24.2013.06.04.10.00.15; Tue, 04 Jun 2013 10:00:15 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by webdatabase.fredmiranda.com (Postfix, from userid 502) id 010CC1087C11; Tue, 4 Jun 2013 12:00:14 -0500 (CDT)

So, appearing in reverse order by time, the message passed through FM's "webdatabase.fredmiranda.com" server at 10:00:14 in the morning (Pacific time zone), then was received by Google's "mx.google.com" server at 10:00:15, and passed along to another mail server (probably something internal in gmail) at 10:00:16. From this, you may be able to tell where the delay occurred.

Jun 04, 2013 at 08:14 PM
Wobble
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · PM notifications to email not working?

Call your ISP and have them quit blocking FM if you are not getting the email notifications.
Have them check these two IP Addresses:

Jun 04, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · PM notifications to email not working?

Wobble wrote:
Call your ISP and have them quit blocking FM if you are not getting the email notifications.
Have them check these two IP Addresses:

Do what Wobble wrote but instead of the IP addresses he mentioned, use the below:

(67.228.107.18 & 67.228.107.19 are no longer in use)

Alternatively let me know your ISP and I will unblock the IP address.
Fred

Jun 05, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Wobble
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · PM notifications to email not working?

Thanks for the new addresses, Fred!

Jun 05, 2013 at 12:56 AM
badlydrawnboy
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · PM notifications to email not working?

A support rep at Comcast gave me this link to a form that you have to fill out to request the block be removed:

http://postmaster.comcast.net/block-removal-request.html

I just filled it out; too soon to know if it worked.

Jun 05, 2013 at 01:12 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · PM notifications to email not working?

I just got this from Comcast:

"Thank you for contacting Comcast Customer Security Assurance. We have received and reviewed your RBL removal request.

Below each IP address you submitted in your request, we have included the result of our research. Please do not reply to this message.

We have received your request for removal from our inbound blocklist. After investigating the issue, we have found that the IP you provided for removal is currently not on our blocklist.

We need the IP address currently blocked to further investigate this issue. The IP address is a number separated by decimals and is located in an error code starting with "550" in the returned email from Comcast.
Please verify the IP(s) and resubmit your request to http://postmaster.comcast.net "

Jun 05, 2013 at 02:19 AM
WiLLGT09
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · PM notifications to email not working?

Thanks for all the help! I didn't even know I had these thread replies either until I happened to check this post just now! I do have Comcast as my home ISP, but don't use my email address from them for anything, so I'm not sure I'm following this. My FM account is using my iCloud email address, and even when my iPhone is on AT&T's network or if I check my iCloud email from work, I'm still not getting PM or thread reply notifications. So, I'm not sure how a Comcast block of the FM IP address be affecting me in this situation?

Thanks!
William

Edited on Jun 06, 2013 at 01:19 PM · View previous versions

Jun 05, 2013 at 03:07 PM
EspositoImages

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · PM notifications to email not working?

I'm having the same issue and I'm on Time Warner/Road Runner. I've lost all notification emails from Fred Miranda.

I have Time Warner at home, Verizon fios at work, AT&T for cell, and use iCloud for my mail service and address.

I'm selling a couple lenses and really need to have my PM and thread notifications active to respond in a timely matter. It's hasn't been working for over 4 weeks.

Jun 05, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · PM notifications to email not working?

It's really odd. I just run a Time Warner/Road Runner search and the site's IP is not part of any block list. See below:

Road Runner Block Query Results For: 50.23.151.178
Category Status
Current Road Runner Block Report for IP address: 50.23.151.178
Date of Report: Wed Jun 5 22:05:42 UTC 2013
DNS Reverse (i.e., PTR record) Lookup: webdatabase.fredmiranda.com
Return Path Reputation Network Blacklist : Not blocked by this list
Spamhaus (ZEN) : Not blocked by this list
Road Runner Blocklist : Not blocked by this list
FBL Enrollment : Enrolled in FBL.
Road Runner Internal Name-Based Block : Not blocked by this list
Return Path Sender Score Reputation Score : 99

Jun 06, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

EspositoImages

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · PM notifications to email not working?

I got the same message and reply from them. I can't figure out why I would be blocked from all the emails, even the one from you when my "buy and sell" subscription was up.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

- Jason

Jun 06, 2013 at 01:00 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · PM notifications to email not working?

EspositoImages wrote:
I got the same message and reply from them. I can't figure out why I would be blocked from all the emails, even the one from you when my "buy and sell" subscription was up.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

- Jason

This is not related to the site's subscription. I don't know the cause yet but we will figure out.
Fred

Jun 06, 2013 at 01:35 AM
chris.bollman

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · PM notifications to email not working?

Starting to think it's an iCloud thing. That's what brought me here too. Not in my spam folder on the server and all of my accounts are checked through IMAP so it's all the server's job. Is it possible that the emails are being blocked pre iCloud spam filters? Also, Charter for an ISP here.

Jun 06, 2013 at 05:18 AM
EspositoImages

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · PM notifications to email not working?

As an experiment, I have changed my email and password to my work address. It's a gmail based address with no association with icloud.

I'm not sure how to test it without someone replying to this thread but we'll see if it makes it work again.

Jun 06, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Wobble
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · PM notifications to email not working?

Testing to see if email works for you.

Jun 06, 2013 at 11:45 AM
EspositoImages

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · PM notifications to email not working?

Damn... doesn't look like that worked
Now I'm really perplexed

For now, I have to log in every few hours and check manually.
Thanks for helping out though!

Jun 06, 2013 at 12:26 PM
WiLLGT09
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · PM notifications to email not working?

Ok, another test. I just edited my profile to disable, then save, then reenable and save the option for PM notifications. Maybe something with user preferences is not working (or stop working). However, having PM notifications enabled shouldn't effect whether or not I get thread replies if I've check that little box when posting, right?

Nevertheless, can someone send me a PM as a test?

Thanks.

EDIT: Thanks Wobble for sending a test PM. No email notification. I also didn't get a PM Pop-Up Alert when I refreshed the page.

Jun 06, 2013 at 01:26 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · PM notifications to email not working?

To diagnose further, I will need 2-3 specific email addresses for review. These need to be full emails that should have been sent in the last 72 hours so we can check the logs for specific message. Those with the issues, please forward your email to my PM box.
Fred

Jun 06, 2013 at 04:00 PM
WiLLGT09
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · PM notifications to email not working?

Thanks Fred. Just sent you a PM.

Jun 06, 2013 at 05:58 PM
chris.bollman

p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · PM notifications to email not working?

PM Sent, Agreed, thanks for your help on this, Fred.

Jun 06, 2013 at 07:59 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password