Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              40      
       42              62       63       end

Ricoh GR Image Thread

markhout
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.41 #1 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Tariq Gibran wrote:
Wow, Ricoh is really churning out the GR firmware. Version 3 has just been released.

Thanks Tariq- good catch! What's that comment of a GR with a 16mm 2.8 all about?

D1N0 Jan 23rd, 2014 11:18AM
Great, new functionality what's not to like. Ricoh is developing a second GR with a 16mm F2.8 lens (24mm equivalent). Looking forward to that.

Read more at: http://www.pentaxforums.com/news/ricoh-gr-firmware-v3-00-released.html#ixzz2rHTVtwUa

That doesn't seem to make much sense to me - why would Pentax / Ricoh come out with a similar camera with a lens that is just a tad wider?

Jan 24, 2014 at 02:57 AM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.41 #2 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

markhout wrote:
Thanks Tariq- good catch! What's that comment of a GR with a 16mm 2.8 all about?

D1N0 Jan 23rd, 2014 11:18AM
Great, new functionality what's not to like. Ricoh is developing a second GR with a 16mm F2.8 lens (24mm equivalent). Looking forward to that.

Read more at: http://www.pentaxforums.com/news/ricoh-gr-firmware-v3-00-released.html#ixzz2rHTVtwUa

That doesn't seem to make much sense to me - why would Pentax / Ricoh come out with a similar camera with a lens that is just a tad wider?

I don't know where that person came up with the idea of a GR with a 24mm equiv. lens. I have not heard anything about that. I would think something like a 40-50mm equiv. lens would make more sense if another GR is released.

Jan 24, 2014 at 03:08 AM
markhout
• •
p.41 #3 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Agreed. I am actually hoping for a 75mm equiv. type lens...

Jan 24, 2014 at 03:14 AM
ryankarr
• • •
p.41 #4 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

I want 21mm!

Jan 24, 2014 at 04:01 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.41 #5 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

HelenaN wrote:
Thanks, I tried that first but couldn't come up with something good. I don't know if it's my lack of processing skills or if the subject isn't as suitable as one would think. Maybe not enough details in the ice?

Hope others will post photos soon, because I have some more but don't want to take over the thread.

did you try adding blue toning to the shadows on b&w conversion? i find that often works well with ice photos.

Jan 24, 2014 at 06:47 AM
HelenaN
• • •
p.41 #6 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Tariq Gibran wrote:
Wow, Ricoh is really churning out the GR firmware. Version 3 has just been released. My favorite new feature is folder naming by date. Finally!

http://www.pentaxforums.com/news/ricoh-gr-firmware-v3-00-released.html

Thanks for letting us know! That folder naming by date was missing didn't bother me much, but it's nice to have, so great.

sebboh wrote:
did you try adding blue toning to the shadows on b&w conversion? i find that often works well with ice photos.

No, I have never tried anything like that? Something new to look into.

Edited on Jan 25, 2014 at 08:14 AM · View previous versions

Jan 24, 2014 at 09:01 AM
helimat
• • • •
p.41 #7 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Thanks for the firmware tip Tariq! Great shots Helena! Visiting Norway is on my bucket list.

I have only had this cam for a couple of weeks, but I quite enjoy it. It's quick, ergonomic, customizable, the raw files have great latitude, the preset jpgs are fun, has great IQ and is truly pocketable. There's a lot there in a small package.

Ricoh GR (from jpg) by helimat, on Flickr

Ricoh GR by helimat, on Flickr

Ricoh GR (from jpg) by helimat, on Flickr

Jan 24, 2014 at 09:51 PM
clicker150

p.41 #8 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

TMaG82 wrote:
After trying to find a good main camera system for over a year and finally settling on the E-M1, I've been on the lookout for a good carry around option. Tried the x100s, GX7 with pancake, x100s again, etc.

After seeing this pictures, I decided to give the GR a chance. Just took delivery from B&H today after the sale price as well. Charging right now but first impressions of build quality and handling are excellent. I'll post my thoughts and hopefully some pictures later on.

I'm on the same boat, while EM-1 is excellent camera I had a need for something that I can take with me everywhere. Just received the GR yesterday.

Jan 26, 2014 at 02:39 PM
markhout
• •
p.41 #9 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Bump - one of the dozens of lakes in the area where I live.

Major LR5 edits; mild tonal enhancement from Perfect Effects 8.

(BTW: see http://fstoppers.com/onone-offers-perfect-effects-8-for-free-until-jan-28th-99-value if you want a free copy of PE8. I downloaded yesterday and so far I find it interesting...)

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:08 AM
jasenz

p.41 #10 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Just sharing some of my recent favourite shots from this amazing little camera. MY all time favourite feature is the way you can dial long exposures all the way up to 360s. Its a camera designed by real photographers and other camera companies should take note! Enjoy:-

Can anyone tell me if the custom settings like MY1, MY2, MY3 settings are lost when you upgrade firmware?

Edited on Jan 27, 2014 at 12:44 AM · View previous versions

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

markhout
• •
p.41 #11 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

jasenz wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the custom settings like MY1, MY2, MY3 settings are lost when you upgrade firmware?

Very nice, the first one is my fav.

The settings were largely still there after the firmware upgrade. Oddly I had to re-do the standard EV +0.3 that I had put into my MY2 settings...

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:43 AM
jasenz

p.41 #12 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Thanks for that Mark!

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:45 AM
owyhee
• •
p.41 #13 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

jasenz,
Great set of images. From the ocean to the city and then to the mountains. I would like to know your settings for your second image of the bridge. A very stunning image! Good work with the GR.

Aaron

Jan 27, 2014 at 02:46 AM
HelenaN
• • •
p.41 #14 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

What a beautiful set jasenz!

Jan 27, 2014 at 09:43 AM
HelenaN
• • •
p.41 #15 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Ice crack and frozen leaf by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Jan 27, 2014 at 10:31 AM
jasenz

p.41 #16 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

owyhee wrote:
jasenz,
Great set of images. From the ocean to the city and then to the mountains. I would like to know your settings for your second image of the bridge. A very stunning image! Good work with the GR.

Aaron

The second image was shot in manual, as i do for most of these landscapes. 2 second timer on. ND filter on, i think its 3 stops. I think it was shot over 60s at f13. RAW. On a gorrilapod

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Jochenb
• • •
p.41 #17 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Mark, jasenz, Helena... all nice shots!

Another one from NYC:

The photographer by Jochen-B, on Flickr

Jan 27, 2014 at 07:15 PM
nohackle

p.41 #18 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

-15 F means only one thing....flytying weather

Jan 28, 2014 at 01:04 AM
ggweci

p.41 #19 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

So many fantastic images in this thread.

Here are a couple of mine from last week:

Feeling Blue (Hour) by Craig's Collection, on Flickr

City Lights by Craig's Collection, on Flickr

Jan 28, 2014 at 04:00 AM
HelenaN
• • •
p.41 #20 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Argh, my GR stopped working today! When I turned it off the lens didn't retract fully and now I can't start it again. I tried a different battery, but it didn't help. So disappointed.

As soon as possible I'll stop by the shop and I guess they will send it in for repair. I wonder how long that will take and if this will happen again in future.

Now I'm glad to have more than one camera...

Jan 28, 2014 at 04:33 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password