Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              36      
       38              68       69       end

Ricoh GR Image Thread

helimat
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.37 #1 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Just got it last night! First shot.

Edited on Jan 13, 2014 at 08:47 PM · View previous versions

Jan 10, 2014 at 04:07 PM
beetlephoto
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.37 #2 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Jochenb wrote:
Yes you can directly change the zone (snap focus) distance. I've assigned it to the effect button on the side of the camera. Push it and change the distance. Nice and quick.

Ah, I see, we're not talking about the same thing then I have also assigned the snap focus distance to a button, but what I would like to be able to do is change where the focus is made on the picture, via the push of a button.

Jan 10, 2014 at 04:11 PM
aleksanderpolo
• • •
p.37 #3 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

It's the FA/move target button assignment, there are additional options to this button too.

beetlephoto wrote:
Ah, I see, we're not talking about the same thing then I have also assigned the snap focus distance to a button, but what I would like to be able to do is change where the focus is made on the picture, via the push of a button.

Jan 10, 2014 at 04:49 PM
Jochenb
• • •
p.37 #4 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

beetlephoto wrote:

Oh I see
I thought your 'focus zone' refered to zone focusing, that's where it went wrong he he.
Moving the AF target around can also be done very quickly. I assigned it to the fn1 button.

Jan 10, 2014 at 05:21 PM
HelenaN
• • •
p.37 #5 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Welcome helimat, that's a sweet shot.
Jochen, nice tips, thanks! I'm so lazy, I never read manuals unless I have to...

Old trains by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Old train by Helena Normark, on Flickr

Jan 10, 2014 at 05:38 PM
brian.mccready

p.37 #6 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

I have a ricoh gr and have tried to upload a picky but can.t see how you do it. But i wonder how the photos on here are so pin sharp and the iq is superb, you must all be using some softwhere and none are strait out of the camera. I have ellements 11 and photomatic pro 4 but I must have a lot to learn. If you can produce pictures like these with a 450 camera why spend thousands on a camera, I myself have bought a sony a7 full frame and if I don.t soon start to get that kind of sharpness and iq I will soon get frustrated

Jan 10, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.37 #7 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Heads up.

$619 though Amazon Prime. Couldn't resist that price.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CGY4N7Y/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jan 11, 2014 at 02:59 AM
j.liam
• • • •
p.37 #8 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Tariq Gibran wrote:
Heads up.

$619 though Amazon Prime. Couldn't resist that price.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CGY4N7Y/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I 'overpaid' a week ago @ $625. Crazy good, even at list price.

I wonder why the price has dropped. Seems too soon for a new model.

Jan 11, 2014 at 03:18 AM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.37 #9 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Yeah, the recent price drops are very curious. Really looking forward to using this little camera. So many times have I almost purchased one since it's release.

Jan 11, 2014 at 03:25 AM
j.liam
• • • •
p.37 #10 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Her's speculation why the GR got so affordable...Just saw this entry at Photorumors website. The GXR is done; maybe next, they're doing a FF GR or a GXR with the M adapter!

A boy can always dream...

Jan 11, 2014 at 03:46 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.37 #11 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

j.liam wrote:
Her's speculation why the GR got so affordable...Just saw this entry at Photorumors website. The GXR is done; maybe next, they're doing a FF GR or a GXR with the M adapter!

A boy can always dream...

I do suspect Ricoh will have a FF surprise for us sometime this year, but I'm sure it's not going to be around $600.

Jan 11, 2014 at 04:25 AM
aleksanderpolo
• • •
p.37 #12 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

I hope there is something coming up, and not because of the Kodak settlement...

Jan 11, 2014 at 06:46 AM
ryankarr
• • •
p.37 #13 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

R0340029 by ryankarr, on Flickr

Jan 11, 2014 at 08:32 PM
millsart
• • • •
p.37 #14 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

aleksanderpolo wrote:

I'd like to see something like the phase detect AF they have had in other models (and Fuji, Sony etc is doing these days) as the GR's AF is such a weak spot for me.

If they could get up to even X100s level of AF accuracy (which isn't really that great even) or ideally come closer to what m4/3 can do, it would be pretty awesome.

Jan 11, 2014 at 09:53 PM
markhout
• •
p.37 #15 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

aleksanderpolo wrote:

Until then, Mt Rainier, taken from the final approach into Seattle airport...

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:00 PM
aleksanderpolo
• • •
p.37 #16 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

I have probably around 5% mis-focused shots, is X100s that much better? Have you tried the pin-point focus (the smallest one).

One thing I think they can improve is to have the focus assist light kicks in earlier. In very dark situation when the focus assist light is on, the AF is fine. It is in low light (but not low enough to activate the focus assist light) that the AF hunts with uncertain outcome, in those case I just use snap/manual focus.

millsart wrote:
I'd like to see something like the phase detect AF they have had in other models (and Fuji, Sony etc is doing these days) as the GR's AF is such a weak spot for me.

If they could get up to even X100s level of AF accuracy (which isn't really that great even) or ideally come closer to what m4/3 can do, it would be pretty awesome.

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:30 PM
owyhee
• •
p.37 #17 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

markhout,
Nice image out window of the plane. Looks like you had a clean window.

Jan 12, 2014 at 01:09 AM
markhout
• •
p.37 #18 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

owyhee wrote:
Looks like you had a clean window.

Thanks owyhee! A lucky window seat for once...

Jan 12, 2014 at 03:31 AM
momo_nyc

p.37 #19 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Quick question. Do you GR lovers find the camera to be a dust magnet? Have you checked your sensors for dust? Is there any? Is there a lot? I ask because I'm thinking about buying a GR for myself. Then I read this blog entry. What do you think. It's in the second paragraph.

http://streetshooter.net/january-11th-2014-fuji-xe1-40mm-ricoh-shooters-dream/

Jan 12, 2014 at 05:58 PM
j.liam
• • • •
p.37 #20 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Since the lens is permanently mounted and am unaware of air movement with the focus action of the lens elements, as might occur were it a zoom, dust on the sensor should be a non-issue.

Jan 12, 2014 at 06:44 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password