Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              77       78       end

Ricoh GR Image Thread

weekh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Post your Ricoh GR image in this thread. Let me start first.

Jun 03, 2013 at 02:56 PM
kosmoskatten
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Nice!

I got my GR the other day and it has been a pure pleasure experience so far. It has exceeded my expectations and it performs well enough for me to sell off the DP1M. It is that good.

I have the 21mm on order but no delivery date on it so far.

My surroundings are not as photogenic as yours but I will try to post something to keep the thread afloat.

Jun 03, 2013 at 03:58 PM
sculptormic
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

weekh; that last long exposure shot is just wonderfull!

Kosmokatten; hope to see some pics from you with your new camera

Jun 03, 2013 at 06:07 PM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Great images Wee Keng!! Joe88 in the Leica thread commented he's received his...

Jun 03, 2013 at 06:09 PM
deadwolfbones
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Wish I were in this club.

Jun 03, 2013 at 07:11 PM
dalegaspi
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

here are a few from my GR...will try to add more as I'm writing a full review...

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjFsoVmN

R0000344_v2 by dalegaspi, on Flickr

R0000251_v1 by dalegaspi, on Flickr

R0000162_v1 by dalegaspi, on Flickr

R0020165_v1 by dalegaspi, on Flickr

R0020216_v1 by dalegaspi, on Flickr

Jun 03, 2013 at 09:13 PM
weekh
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Oh dear... is this an indication that the cam is not selling well....?

Jun 04, 2013 at 01:35 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

It's backordered at many stores.

Jun 04, 2013 at 01:42 PM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

There's a 21mm coming?

Jun 04, 2013 at 01:52 PM
kururu
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

I want it, but in Japan it's more expensive than coolpix A.
ricoh gr 88.990 ($887) vs coolpix-A 80.000 ($798)

Jun 04, 2013 at 02:09 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

markhout
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

ken.vs.ryu wrote:
There's a 21mm coming?

It's an adapter that fits on the 28mm fixed lens.

kewlcanon wrote:
It's backordered at many stores.

I ordered at B&H 3 weeks ago, still 'on order'.

Jun 04, 2013 at 02:36 PM
kosmoskatten
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

weekh: there has only been one store who has had it in stock over here. Since it is a guy I know that runs the store I got one of the first six he ordered. They sold out in a day. He has ten more coming in but no other store in Sweden has received any GR's as of yesterday, not even the bigger vendors.

I have been tinkering with the settings a bit and I think I have set it up to my taste (similar to the GXR as far as possible). At first the camera felt a bit flimsy and light. But it does really well and the slow handling of the GXR (image browsing, shot to shot speed and overall handling) is a thing of the past. The GR is fast. Also it is very comfortable to shoot with.

Jun 04, 2013 at 03:42 PM
weekh
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Hope this lens is a little wider for this shot... can't wait for the 21mm adapter.

Jun 05, 2013 at 10:58 AM
joakim
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

I picked up my camera last weekend but haven't had much chance to shoot with it yet. Easy camera to use but it still takes time to get used to the controls and handling, once I've used it a little more I'll decide on how to program the custom buttons and such and it will hopefully be even easier to handle it.

Here is a set from today including an attempt at macro.

Jun 05, 2013 at 11:38 AM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

My local shop says they just received stock... contemplating whether to bite the bullet. Although they'd serve somewhat different purposes, I wish Ricoh/Pentax would at least make some comment on the GXR's future.

Jun 05, 2013 at 10:23 PM
dalegaspi
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

rscheffler wrote:
My local shop says they just received stock... contemplating whether to bite the bullet. Although they'd serve somewhat different purposes, I wish Ricoh/Pentax would at least make some comment on the GXR's future.

DO IT.

I'm also interested in the GXR's future (almost bought one with the M module when there was a fire sale at one Canadian retailer...Henry's, IIRC)...IMO, Ricoh was the only real M alternative since they're the only other M-compatible camera with microlenses on its sensor...hopefully the next M-module is at least a 1.33x (i know it's a pipe dream)... but that would stir some panic in Leica offices.

Jun 06, 2013 at 01:44 AM
sflxn
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

There are some known issues with the GR's exposure metering and colors. There has been a lot of discussion about it on the dpreview's forums and in MingThien's review. It may or may not stop anyone from buying it, but just be aware of them. It's still a fantastic little camera.

Jun 06, 2013 at 01:53 AM
aleksanderpolo
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

Go for it, if you love GXR, you would love GR also.

There is one Chinese review that I saw with very decent color and exposure:

http://www.mobile01.com/newsdetail.php?id=13473

rscheffler wrote:

Jun 06, 2013 at 03:59 AM
Emacs
• •
Account locked
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

sflxn wrote:
There are some known issues with the GR's exposure metering and colors. There has been a lot of discussion about it on the dpreview's forums and in MingThien's review. It may or may not stop anyone from buying it, but just be aware of them. It's still a fantastic little camera.

Colors are completely OK with C1, so these are basically adobe issues

Jun 06, 2013 at 05:41 AM
kosmoskatten
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Ricoh GR Image Thread

sflxn wrote:

It should not stop anyone from buying it - it is an Adobe issue. I haven't had any problem with the reds since I open up my DNG's in RPP. Even in default and uncalibrated mode the reds are spot on. Ming Thein should know better than to blame the camera when software is involved in the process. If software does not support the product then what are you to expect? I had a discussion with Ming Thein about this and I simply think he made quite an error there and posted a premature "conclusion" based on a false assumption. The assumption was that there was something wrong with the camera instead of thinking it might be software related.

I think the issues are way blown out of proportion. As is the "problems" with the Coolpix A. They are both two great little cameras. They both have some quirks and I would be hard pressed to pick a winner. In camera RAW processing in the GR works quite well and preserves the DNG files. Menu system (once set up) is better _I think_ on the GR.

Exposure metering is another thing, but if you are used to wide angle lenses you would know that most cameras with wide angle lenses underexpose easily. The solution is right at your thumb: exposure compensation. I do think the Nikon would fare better though, the matrix metering is very good.

I don't think you could go wrong with either camera but looking at the real "quirks" everyone has to decide whether it is a deal breaker or not. The lack of support from Adobe was never an issue for me and who would think Ricoh would go to such great length with the camera and "not notice" that the reds where completely out of whack after months of testing and with quite a few photogs betatesting? Not very likely.

Jun 06, 2013 at 06:27 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password