Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · need flash bracket recommendation

jchin
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · need flash bracket recommendation

Can anyone recommend a flash bracket where it can take a camera with the Manfrotto RC2 quick release mounted on the bottom (camera with and without battery grip)? Thanks.

Jun 03, 2013 at 12:51 PM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · need flash bracket recommendation

I tried what you're talking about with several brackets, but never found anything that worked satisfactorily. My ultimate solution was to toss the RC2's in favor of a PromediaGear Boomerang bracket with their Arca-Swiss compatible L-Bracket. Switching to Arca-Swiss isn't cheap, but IMO it's definitely worth it. I don't use the flash bracket nearly as much as I used to, but I'm still loving the Arca-Swiss quick release system. YMMV.

Jun 05, 2013 at 04:46 AM
kdlanejr
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · need flash bracket recommendation

I use two older custom brackets similar to the Custom Bracket E2.

The newer camera mounting plate (CMP) can be positioned for use with and without a battery grip.

The QRM-C Kit for the Manfrotto RC2 plate looks like it might be exactly what you are looking for.

I don't have a quick release plate between the camera and the bracket. Instead, I attach my tripod plate (RC2) to a Custom Brackets QR (quick release).

I also attached one of these QR receivers to my Rapid strap. By doing so I can carry the entire assembly on the rapid strap and quickly transition it to a tripod when necessary.

Another nice feature of these brackets is that they are free standing. Even if you don't use a rapid strap or other strap carrying method with it, if you need to set it down, you can do so on any flat surface and it will stay put (within reason).

Jun 24, 2013 at 03:23 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password