Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Any updates on the 7DII release?

randysc
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Any updates on the 7DII release?

I know, broken record Last I heard was mid Aug. still true?

Thanks,

Randy

Jun 02, 2013 at 12:13 PM
gome1122
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Any updates on the 7DII release?

We never had an update yet, but August is main the rumored time. I'm sure it's been rumored for just about every day since the original 7D's release.

Jun 02, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Any updates on the 7DII release?

Tomorrow ------------------- never

Likely to be somewhere in that date range

Jun 02, 2013 at 12:44 PM
corndog
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Any updates on the 7DII release?

http://www.canonrumors.com/category/photography/canon-7d-mark-ii/

If you're serious about it, you'll read up everyday and weigh the information yourself, which means looking up past rumors and their ratings versus accuracy of actual specs and release dates. The rumor sites do have value, but the rumors don't really seem to solidify into anything that may guide your actions until maybe a couple weeks before announcement. The best you're going to see right now is...maybe sometime this year, maybe not.

Jun 02, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Any updates on the 7DII release?

Hopefully not for another year or two. I'm nailing the 7D workflow and don't want to update PS!

Jun 02, 2013 at 01:22 PM
randysc
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Any updates on the 7DII release?

Corndog, thanks for the link, I wasen't aware of it.

Randy

Jun 02, 2013 at 01:26 PM
cameron12x
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Any updates on the 7DII release?

Early to mid-2014 is what I've heard.

Don't hold your breath.

Jun 02, 2013 at 02:31 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Any updates on the 7DII release?

randysc wrote:
I know, broken record Last I heard was mid Aug. still true?

Thanks,

Randy

Heard from where

Try reading a Canon non-rumor site every day: http://www.canon.com/news/2013/index.html

Jun 02, 2013 at 02:33 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Any updates on the 7DII release?

Imagemaster wrote:
Heard from where

Try reading a Canon non-rumor site every day: http://www.canon.com/news/2013/index.html

Jun 02, 2013 at 07:24 PM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Any updates on the 7DII release?

cameron12x wrote:
Early to mid-2014 is what I've heard.

Don't hold your breath.

That's what I have heard too. 7D is the first camera in its own league, so there is no release pattern to learn (whether or not they'll release the "inferior" 70D first).

But it makes more sense to release the 70D first, probably with new sensor in the next few months (per CanonRumors). And then release a much superior 7D Mark II next year.

Canon will need to release something soon. Nikon has updated every camera in their lineup, while on the Canon side we are still stuck with the almost-4-year-old 7D and the almost-3-year-old 60D.

Jun 02, 2013 at 07:36 PM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Any updates on the 7DII release?

The Nikon D400 is just as much vaporware as the Canon 7D2. Neither company has released a new mid level sports/action body for some time.

I don't mind Canon taking their time with it. I just hope they finally decide to actually make the 7D2 a worthy mini 1DX. Dual CF, 5D3 AF, 10FPS, 1DX battery, 18-24MP 1.6x sensor. Canon has plenty of bodies at the lower end of the spectrum. I'm good with a $3000-$3500 7D2 for those stats. Give it a new 100-400 (probably at a similar price point) as the kit lens for $7K.

Jun 02, 2013 at 08:19 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Any updates on the 7DII release?

ggreene wrote:
The Nikon D400 is just as much vaporware as the Canon 7D2. Neither company has released a new mid level sports/action body for some time.

I don't mind Canon taking their time with it. I just hope they finally decide to actually make the 7D2 a worthy mini 1DX. Dual CF, 5D3 AF, 10FPS, 1DX battery, 18-24MP 1.6x sensor. Canon has plenty of bodies at the lower end of the spectrum. I'm good with a $3000-$3500 7D2 for those stats. Give it a new 100-400 (probably at a similar price point) as the kit lens for $7K.

At least Canon is on the record as indicating a 7D II will be coming. The D400 as far as any body outside of Nikon is aware is dead and buried.

Jun 02, 2013 at 08:29 PM
unclechuck
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Any updates on the 7DII release?

Not a clue when anything will happen but for decisions ---

My vote: Christmas 2014 based on lag time for reviews and deals

At that point

6D is a totally known quantity with substantial discounts (and 6D II rumors)

70D will be out, reviewed and in the wild long enough to evaluate and prices lowered

7D II see above

YMMV

Jun 03, 2013 at 08:38 AM
Squirrely Eyed
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Any updates on the 7DII release?

I can assure you that, from a very reliable source, the answer is "soon." Now it's up to you to decide whether "soon" is on the geological time scale or something faster.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I actually appreciate that Canon doesn't constantly pump new bodies onto the market.

Jun 03, 2013 at 09:22 AM
Bruce Sawle
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Any updates on the 7DII release?

I hope they wait until they have bought or developed a new sensor. Better DR would be welcomed. I would also,like to see the 5d IiI/1dx auto focus and 10fps.

Jun 03, 2013 at 09:25 AM
andyjaggy82
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Any updates on the 7DII release?

I'm expecting next year sometime. I am also expecting it to be way more money than I am willing to spend on a crop body.

Jun 03, 2013 at 09:26 AM
time2clmb
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Any updates on the 7DII release?

I'm good with a $3000-$3500 7D2 for those stats. Give it a new 100-400 (probably at a similar price point) as the kit lens for $7K

That made me *guphaw*

Jun 03, 2013 at 09:37 AM
who me
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Any updates on the 7DII release?

+1 Andy.
There is the issue I see. With Canon raising prices way too much on every upgrade of a lens, I'm expecting that the price increase might be more than people are comfortable for a crop camera.
OTOH, if the price goes too high, it will eat into the 6D sales and I cannot see that being a good thing if the trend is to push full frame costs lower with a higher volume of camera sales.
I see the 7DII being a incremental upgrade to keep costs down.

Jun 03, 2013 at 09:44 AM
unclechuck
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Any updates on the 7DII release?

Squirrely Eyed wrote:
Maybe I'm the only one, but I actually appreciate that Canon doesn't constantly pump new bodies onto the market.

You might well be on point: Have to wonder if Canon isn't reassessing based on the 600D> 650D >700D experience.

In Canon's defense, there are market segments --- maybe major consumer groups --- that buy based on 'NEW!' rather than specs --- so I guess there's no winning.

andyjaggy82 wrote:
I'm expecting next year sometime. I am also expecting it to be way more money than I am willing to spend on a crop body.

All the guesses I've seen come in around $2,200 which might be very doable if 1DX features are applied to a crop body; esp a few months out when the price stabilizes in the upper teens.

But I wonder if Canon is factoring in the growing likelihood of internet taxes which would add almost another $200. That could turn the release into a stall between the higher price point and consumer frustration.

Just thinkin'

Jun 03, 2013 at 09:45 AM
Wahoowa
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Any updates on the 7DII release?

Squirrely Eyed wrote:
I can assure you that, from a very reliable source, the answer is "soon." Now it's up to you to decide whether "soon" is on the geological time scale or something faster.

Can you be more specific about your definition of "soon"?

I think even early next year is still "soon" to me, but, if it's like in the next few months, that's "very very soon".

Jun 03, 2013 at 10:57 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.