Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · Who still chooses the 5D?

D. Diggler
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Who still chooses the 5D?

form wrote:
I think you should stop antagonizing me when I don't deserve it.

I was hoping to give you a chucke. Guess it didn't work out.

Jun 11, 2013 at 01:24 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Who still chooses the 5D?

cineski wrote:
I used my 5Dc until the beginning of last year. ... Then the 5D3 came out (which I now have two of) and when I came back to the 5D for whatever reason it was like my spine went limp.

I must say ... I still regularly use the 5D Classic alongside more modern cameras and the older interface of the 5D, such as the smaller LCD, never bothers me. I actually prefer the simpler menus of the older cameras than what you get with the high complexity of the more recent models.

Jun 11, 2013 at 02:33 PM
JR Magat
• • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Who still chooses the 5D?

recently picked up a mint 5D classic for $550 to use for a back up or 2nd body to shoot with. It definitely isn't a 5D3, but it will work just fine in the right situations

Jun 12, 2013 at 02:45 PM
cineski
• • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Who still chooses the 5D?

There is some validity to that. I look at it like my 5D3 places relatively little demand from a technological standpoint that doesn't dictate my style. The 5D dictates my style. So naturally I want to pick up the camera that doesn't damper what I want to do.

D. Diggler wrote:
I must say ... I still regularly use the 5D Classic alongside more modern cameras and the older interface of the 5D, such as the smaller LCD, never bothers me. I actually prefer the simpler menus of the older cameras than what you get with the high complexity of the more recent models.

Jun 13, 2013 at 07:54 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Who still chooses the 5D?

cineski wrote:
I look at it like my 5D3 places relatively little demand from a technological standpoint that doesn't dictate my style. The 5D dictates my style. So naturally I want to pick up the camera that doesn't damper what I want to do.

I can relate with what you're saying here, cineski. For most of my career, I've felt that my gear has held me back from achieving my vision. But I think that most of us in this business don't feel that our gear is "dictating our style" because what we want to do is within the capabilities of the gear we are using. If that makes any sense.

Jun 13, 2013 at 01:50 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.