Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Digital Art & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Tropical Flower Abstract

dr4tone
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tropical Flower Abstract

I was captivated by the play of light in an arrangement of tropical flowers during a recent trip to Hawaii. This is my effort to capture that effect.

Jun 02, 2013 at 12:14 AM
dr4tone
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tropical Flower Abstract

Not sure why, but I lose sharpness when I export photos from Aperture. This photo is not so soft on my computer screen in the edited version. Nonetheless, the effect of light in the flowers is there. Any C&C welcome. The only way to learn, which is my goal. Also, any suggestions re. the proper way to export out of Aperture so that I don't lose image quality, much appreciated. Thanks!

Jun 02, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tropical Flower Abstract

Nice capture!

The image you view in Aperture is full resolution but the image here is a tiny JPEG. When reduced a lot of detail is lost. You need an extra step to optimize sharpness for the target file size. In other words, the amount of sharpness needed for a tiny web image is different--greater--than needed for a full resolution display. For small web images I export the tweaked TIFF from Aperture to PS, resize and sharpen to taste (Smart sharpen at 250-500% at .2 px).

Jun 02, 2013 at 08:51 PM
dr4tone
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Tropical Flower Abstract

Thanks!
Your explanation for the softness is helpful. I will try your recommendation for the extra step.

Jun 03, 2013 at 12:03 AM

FM Forums | Digital Art & Abstract | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password