Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Silver Efex Pro 2 Plug in.

Origin Unknown
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Silver Efex Pro 2 Plug in.

Hello,

I would like to buy the Silver Efex Pro 2 software for black and white conversion. Could anyone tell me if the other plug ins are good within the bundle of plug ins that come with it, ie the sharpener etc?

Thanks.

May 31, 2013 at 03:21 AM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Silver Efex Pro 2 Plug in.

yes.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=NIK+software+review

May 31, 2013 at 05:43 AM
John Caldwell
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Silver Efex Pro 2 Plug in.

Color Efex is te only one I use, even though I own the bundle. But for the current prices, SEP & CEP are easily worthy of the bundle cost.

May 31, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Silver Efex Pro 2 Plug in.

I use the silver 2 for my B&W work. Its fantastic tool. Also use the color efx and viveza which again are fantastic.

May 31, 2013 at 10:44 AM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Silver Efex Pro 2 Plug in.

All the Nik filters are good or very good. You can try for yourself and see if the bundle is worth it to you. Free trial is available.

May 31, 2013 at 11:22 AM
boingyman
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Silver Efex Pro 2 Plug in.

I use CEP2 the most. I use Viveza once in a while, but if I had a faster computer I could see myself using it more often. Sojmetimes i use the Noise reduction one. HDR Efx2 is a very good HDR plug-in with excellent controls. I think it's up there with some of the better HDR software for natural looking HDR. Can't go wrong with the entire bundle for the price they have it at these days.

May 31, 2013 at 03:43 PM
Origin Unknown
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Silver Efex Pro 2 Plug in.

@howardm4, already read the reviews, and I typed it in all by myself as well, wanted feedback on this forum.

Thanks a lot from the rest, looks like one of the higher end plug ins, especially the SEP2.

Cheers.

May 31, 2013 at 03:52 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Silver Efex Pro 2 Plug in.

I use Nik on most ALL my photos. I think the bundle is now $149 for all of them.

Jun 04, 2013 at 06:50 PM
Wilfredo
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Silver Efex Pro 2 Plug in.

Can Silver Efex Pro 2 be used as a plugin with PSCS4? I currently use Silver Efex Pro. Can I purchase an upgrade version?

Thanks!

www.BenitezRivera.com

Nov 04, 2013 at 10:34 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Silver Efex Pro 2 Plug in.

I'm another fan who uses all of the NIK plugins. I use sharpener Pro and HDR Efex pro the least. SEP2 is the best B&W conversion tool I've seen. Almost all my photos that go for more PP go through Viveza. I use Color Efex Pro for an alt look.

I just upgraded and got Analog Efex Pro. I don't like the default settings, but I see some potential. The dirt filter is a waste to me.

Nov 04, 2013 at 11:24 AM
lukeb
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Silver Efex Pro 2 Plug in.

Dustin Gent wrote:
I use Nik on most ALL my photos. I think the bundle is now $149 for all of them.

+1

Nov 04, 2013 at 11:33 AM
OntheRez
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Silver Efex Pro 2 Plug in.

SFX is among the best B&W conversion software around. I also use Viveza extensively. Its ability to allow me to modify areas of a photo is valuable. I find the sharpener to be worthless (others don't) and the dfine noise reduction to be less than what some other programs are capable of e.g. PhotoNinja (Mac), Topaz DeNoise. Many like the ColorEfx though I don't use it much.

Robert

Nov 04, 2013 at 03:11 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Silver Efex Pro 2 Plug in.

Origin Unknown wrote:
Hello,

I would like to buy the Silver Efex Pro 2 software for black and white conversion. Could anyone tell me if the other plug ins are good within the bundle of plug ins that come with it, ie the sharpener etc?

Thanks.

yes, very good, the sharpner performs almost the same way as the custom one I had built up.... only with much easier adjustability AND the ability to easily target it to only apply to certain ranges of color!

And Viveza 2 can work wonders for getting something natural looking out of deep bit combined or single shot higher DR photos and so on.

I haven't used colorfx yet.

I like SilverFX a lot. When I looked around SilverFX and Viveza worked by far the best of the various other such options.

Nov 04, 2013 at 04:52 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Silver Efex Pro 2 Plug in.

Or, you could find some examples of B&W looks you like online and replicate them with presets in whichever editor you are using.

Nov 04, 2013 at 07:07 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Silver Efex Pro 2 Plug in.

Silver Efex Pro 2 works with CS4.
The bundle is worth it and a steal. I bought the bundle with a good academic discount a year and half ago. Paid over $200.
I use SEP constantly, Color Efex occ, Viveza not enough (got to learn it). I am not able to make the Sharpener Pro work as I would like (probably me). Dfine works very well when LR doesnt do enough. I dont shoot HDR but have had some fun with single image conversion to higher dynamic range processing "look".
Scott

Nov 05, 2013 at 12:31 PM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Silver Efex Pro 2 Plug in.

Paul Mo wrote:
Or, you could find some examples of B&W looks you like online and replicate them with presets in whichever editor you are using.

True, but SEP 2 does such a great job and is so easy to use. The bundle is cheap.

Nov 05, 2013 at 01:42 PM
Lutefisker
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Silver Efex Pro 2 Plug in.

If you go with Nik (which I like), know that Google does an automatic update without warning (which I hate). This can be problematic for some users, but there are solutions to prevent the auto updates (just Google it!).

Nov 07, 2013 at 10:26 AM
kroyston
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Silver Efex Pro 2 Plug in.

dmacmillan wrote:
I just upgraded and got Analog Efex Pro. I don't like the default settings, but I see some potential. The dirt filter is a waste to me.

Is there an upgrade price? I wouldn't mind trying the Analog Efex, but I'm not going to spend another $149 for it.

Since Google dropped the price to $149 for the buddle this is the best deal in photo editting. I use Silver Efex constantly.

Nov 09, 2013 at 05:55 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Silver Efex Pro 2 Plug in.

kroyston wrote:
Is there an upgrade price? I wouldn't mind trying the Analog Efex, but I'm not going to spend another $149 for it.

Since Google dropped the price to $149 for the buddle this is the best deal in photo editting. I use Silver Efex constantly.

What version to you have? When Google bought them, I had and old version and had to pay $149 for the upgrade. I can't remember now what I was after that led me to upgrade then. I think I wanted to add a plugin, but I can't remember which. It might have been Color Efex Pro, although I had bought the bundle. The recent inclusion of Analog Efex was free.

In your case, if you're happy with the tools you have, I wouldn't upgrade just for Analog Efex.

Nov 09, 2013 at 08:26 AM
merosen
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Silver Efex Pro 2 Plug in.

I already have the complete collection
went to their site and downloaded from the " try me" button
installed over old version
got analog effect pro
btw - my software did not auto up date - previous installed version was from march
no auto updated - which is fine by me

Nov 09, 2013 at 09:11 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.