New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · Canon Refurbished Store observation

JohnBrose
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon Refurbished Store observation

It's amazing how Canon has almost all of their refurbished lenses in stock now that their 15% sale is over! I've been checking several times a day for several weeks on a 100-400 and never was in stock during the sale. Now the sale is over and magically it's in stock. Just a little rant. They must have been running out of room in the warehouse.

May 30, 2013 at 09:51 PM
MyCanon60D

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon Refurbished Store observation

It is certainly within their rights to sell whatever they choose. But I agree that they should not even include the lens that was not intended to sell.

May 30, 2013 at 10:34 PM
big country
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon Refurbished Store observation

Almost everything was in stock when the sale started and periodically in stock during the sale. Some people spend every minute of their lives refreshing and looking for a deal.

May 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM
stan23
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon Refurbished Store observation

I believe they only allocate a certain amount of lenses for sale during their 'sales' After the sales ends, they still have their normal refurb stock for sale.

May 30, 2013 at 11:09 PM
RichFisher
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon Refurbished Store observation

I have never seen a great white on the refurb store. Too bad. 15% would be $1,500.

May 31, 2013 at 12:36 AM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon Refurbished Store observation

big country wrote:
Some people spend every minute of their lives refreshing and looking for a deal.

It is amazing the dedication some people have. I tend to forget to check it and by the time I read about it on the forums it's way too late.

May 31, 2013 at 07:40 AM
JohnBrose
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon Refurbished Store observation

I know they can do whatever they want, it's just irritating. Also, I didn't spend "every minute of my life" looking for the lens to be in stock-maybe 30 seconds of the day. Wow that was horrible to waste so much time! The lens would have been about $1150 with the sale so it was a decent discount over the roughly $1700 new amount. I was just making an observation. The did have several of the "white lenses" in stock at some points. Typically there were about 10-15% of the available lenses in stock during the sale and then after the sale it has gone up to about 80% in stock.

May 31, 2013 at 07:43 AM
austin.grant
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon Refurbished Store observation

Did you call and ask if the item you want is a available under the Canon Loyalty Plan? 15% off, just send in a crappy old point and shoot.

May 31, 2013 at 07:45 AM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon Refurbished Store observation

There are a lot of 100-400 passing through on the Buy Sell forum from very reputable sellers for the same money or less than the Reburb @15% off if that helps

Karl

May 31, 2013 at 07:49 AM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon Refurbished Store observation

JohnBrose wrote:
I know they can do whatever they want, it's just irritating. Also, I didn't spend "every minute of my life" looking for the lens to be in stock-maybe 30 seconds of the day. Wow that was horrible to waste so much time! The lens would have been about $1150 with the sale so it was a decent discount over the roughly $1700 new amount. I was just making an observation.

The point is there ARE people that constantly look at that webpage so if you casually check it you have almost no shot at getting a lens when it is on sale. You are also battling resellers who buy in volume.

I almost had a 100L macro for about $700 once. It was in stock but when I clicked on the buy button it was already gone.

May 31, 2013 at 08:10 AM
macentropist
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canon Refurbished Store observation

I saw the sale start, and had no problem gettibg the 100-400 for 1150.00, i did not pull the trigger till about the third day of the sale. I also noticed it was on again off again multiple times over the course of the sale. Perhaps it was just bad timing on your part.

May 31, 2013 at 08:25 AM
Jon Joshua
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Canon Refurbished Store observation

Yeah. The 135L is back in stock.

May 31, 2013 at 08:54 AM
JohnBrose
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Canon Refurbished Store observation

I also saw the 100L in stock at one point and considered it, but have the usm macro and it works fine for me so didn't feel like spending the $350 or so to do the change. I am/was considering getting a used one from the buy/sell forum, but would prefer the 90 day warranty and peace of mind on the sale and using a CC instead of paypal. Thanks to all for comments.

May 31, 2013 at 09:23 AM
boingyman
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Canon Refurbished Store observation

Usually at the start of the sale most items are in stock. You just need to be quick.

May 31, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Joe Garner
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Canon Refurbished Store observation

JohnBrose wrote:
It's amazing how Canon has almost all of their refurbished lenses in stock now that their 15% sale is over! I've been checking several times a day for several weeks on a 100-400 and never was in stock during the sale. Now the sale is over and magically it's in stock. Just a little rant. They must have been running out of room in the warehouse.

The thing is, when lenses are in stock and 15% is on, they go really fast. 7-2's can be gone within an hour, for example.

May 31, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Joe Garner
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Canon Refurbished Store observation

big country wrote:
Some people spend every minute of their lives refreshing and looking for a deal.

I am pretty sure it can be automated.

May 31, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Richie S
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Canon Refurbished Store observation

I almost ordered the 100-400 when it popped back into stock before it dawned on me that it was no longer 15% off.

May 31, 2013 at 12:25 PM
stan23
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Canon Refurbished Store observation

you can have a script that pings the page and notes any changes and have yourself notified. I don't think anyone is sitting on the computer refreshing the page day after day!

I also see a lot of people buying the refurb sales in bulk and reselling it.

May 31, 2013 at 12:33 PM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Canon Refurbished Store observation

stan23 wrote:
you can have a script that pings the page and notes any changes and have yourself notified. I don't think anyone is sitting on the computer refreshing the page day after day!

I also see a lot of people buying the refurb sales in bulk and reselling it.

I think that those buying large quantities are the reason the lenses sell out so fast. I've seen the 70-200 sell out in minutes, but I've also seen it last for several days.

Stock on camera bodies seems to hold up better.

May 31, 2013 at 08:11 PM
Chris Anthony
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Canon Refurbished Store observation

I bought mine new in February for $1249 I believe. $200 rebate from canon and B&H was having some kind of discount also. My point is that there are very good deals to be had if you are patient

May 31, 2013 at 09:21 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.