New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Removing Contax to EOS Adapters

MattRobertson7

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Removing Contax to EOS Adapters

I have tried with all my might and cannot seem to get my Contax to EOS adapters off of my Contax lenses. I have used the fotodiox ones and the rainbox imaging ones and neither allow me to remove them. I have googled it and people say to just lift the tab on the lens up and then turn clockwise and that does not work. I have tried turning both ways with pretty much all the might that I can and no luck. This applies to all the contax lenses I have, I just simply can't remove them. Any ideas? I am not installing them tightly either when I first put them on, so this has me baffled.

May 30, 2013 at 06:20 PM
JohnJ
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Removing Contax to EOS Adapters

There is a spring loaded lever on the inside of the adapter which locks the adapter onto the lens when the lever presses against a tab on the lens itself. You need to gently pry these apart, the lever is made from 'spring metal' so is flexible, and this will allow the adapter to be removed.

May 30, 2013 at 06:23 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Removing Contax to EOS Adapters

There's a little flat steel spring on the inner edge of the adapter that clicks into a slot in one of the flanges on the C/Y mount. You have to squeeze the spring with your thumbnail, tweezers, or pliers, to get it out of the slot, and then it rotates off.

May 30, 2013 at 06:24 PM
JohnJ
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Removing Contax to EOS Adapters

This ebay link shows it, it's the black metal tab (in this example, but it will be a different colour on yours).

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/C-Y-Contax-Yashica-Lens-to-CANON-EOS-EF-Mount-adapter-500D-/170949258829?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item27cd5eae4d

May 30, 2013 at 06:28 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Removing Contax to EOS Adapters

Here's a couple of images of the spring clip on a generic C/Y to EOS adapter. I've gone to Leitax mounts for most of my CZ lenses, and so I can't show you a Fotodiox adapter.

May 30, 2013 at 06:35 PM
Dudewithoutape
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Removing Contax to EOS Adapters

Using the pictures from jcolwell's post. Push the metal tab in the 2nd photo upwards (north) and twist the ring counterclockwise while holding the lens steady.

May 30, 2013 at 06:58 PM
crazeazn
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Removing Contax to EOS Adapters

i know this sounds awful but try going the other direction. i remember that happened to me where i was unlocking the spring but i was trying to remove the adapter the wrong direction.

May 30, 2013 at 07:51 PM
MattRobertson7

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Removing Contax to EOS Adapters

Wow you guys rock! Thank you so much. Will try this out

May 30, 2013 at 08:23 PM
MattRobertson7

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Removing Contax to EOS Adapters

GOT IT! Thanks guys, finally got it to work

May 30, 2013 at 08:55 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.