Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · UFC 159

canon.eos30d
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · UFC 159

Wow. Beautiful action photos. I am a big fan of MMA and you got my most 2 favorite fighters, Bones John and Mr. Sonnen. Great photos catche all the fast actions. I love them all.

- Tam

Aug 11, 2013 at 01:43 AM
chrisbergmann
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · UFC 159

@fingerlessfred - Thank you! These were all taken using ambient light in the arena. Luckily the UFC does an incredible job of lighting the cage. My settings for the night were ISO 3200, 1/1000 @ f3.2 with a custom white balance. I would check with the coordinators who are hosting the event that you are shooting but I would think that they would not allow any type of flash being that its a combat sport. Best of luck shooting this Friday! Looking forward to seeing some photos.

Aug 11, 2013 at 06:51 PM
BIliili

[X]
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · UFC 159

I shot a lot of regional mma in norcal and I just envy the living hell out of being able to shoot at 1/1000... and a 3.2.... small shows are pretty dungeon like... Out of curiosity.. were you restricted from butting up to the fence? I shot a bellator and they allowed us to put the lens up against it... just had to make sure to stay low and not block paying viewers... Great photos btw..

Aug 27, 2013 at 03:42 AM
chrisbergmann
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · UFC 159

@ BIliili - There was a kneeling bench attached to the outside of the cage that we had to stay on to not be in the way of the fans or camera crews while the fights were going on. We were allowed to put our lens hood up to the fence but I found it worked better to stay about a half inch away to get more consistent focus. I've seen some of the Bellator fights on tv and the lighting they use looked good. What kind of settings did you use when shooting it?

Aug 27, 2013 at 06:59 AM
BIliili

[X]
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · UFC 159

F2.8 @ 1/640 ISO 3200.. It wasnt bad but the light just dies against the fence. I think the best venue I shot at was King of the Cage and Tachi Palace Fights. Both of those were 2.8 @ 1/1000 ISO 1600... The VERY WORST I ever shot was a CAMO fight where the promoter had the event outside and decided to have 1 commercial flood light about 30-40 feet away from the cage... I wanted to cry that day... 1.4 @ 1/35 ISO 6400.... yeah... not really any keepers...

Aug 27, 2013 at 06:14 PM
       end

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.