New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Good News for Film Users

anthonygh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Good News for Film Users

I have just read in the BJP that Kodak is to be bought out by pensioners.....more exactly, the members of the company pension scheme both retired and currently still working for Kodak.

The articles also states there are no plans to drop any current products....and this might surprise some...the film division is and has been very profitable, and in fact there were several companies bidding to buy that division as a going concern.

Another interesting read...the BJP looked at the issue of creativity (declining that is) and age.....with some interesting interviews with photographers up to the age of 100 (he's probably the right age for FM then...

May 30, 2013 at 08:16 AM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Good News for Film Users

Good for Kodak by settling with their largest creditor before they filed for bankruptcy. The UK Kodak employees deserved no less. The UK KPP will most likely sort through the current film products, eliminating some as they go. Eventually 100 year olds won't have much need for film..... or digital imaging either.

http://www.kodak.com/ek/US/en/Kodak_Announces_Comprehensive_Settlement_with_U.K._Pension_Plan_Moving_Kodak_toward_Exit_from_Chapter_11.htm

May 30, 2013 at 09:23 AM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Good News for Film Users

borderlight wrote:
. Eventually 100 year olds won't have much need for film..... or digital imaging either.

http://www.kodak.com/ek/US/en/Kodak_Announces_Comprehensive_Settlement_with_U.K._Pension_Plan_Moving_Kodak_toward_Exit_from_Chapter_11.htm

Speak for yourself......I'm expecting medical technology to turn me into virtual reality over the coming years..

May 30, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Allynb
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Good News for Film Users

Similar thing happened a few years ago with Ilford. Their current employees bought the film division and changed its name to Ilford Photo. They are doing very well with their film and paper line. Kudos Kodak employees! Go for it!

Edited on Jun 02, 2013 at 09:06 PM · View previous versions

May 31, 2013 at 03:17 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Good News for Film Users

anthonygh wrote:
Speak for yourself......I'm expecting medical technology to turn me into virtual reality over the coming years..

Analogue or digital?

May 31, 2013 at 07:37 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.