Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · First wedding post A few photos from the wedding of my son's schoolmate...

Vancouver47
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · First wedding post A few photos from the wedding of my son's schoolmate. C&C please.

I brought along my camera to the wedding of a friend of my son. I mostly shoot aircraft and birds, so this is a rare diversion for me. The shot of the bride against the lighted wall was set up by the wedding photographer near the entrance to the venue. He did not include any photos from this setup for the couple so I felt it was ok to post mine. All of my photos are with available light. Almost all of these are edited jpgs from camera, which does a better job in unusual low light/ high ISO than I seem to be able to get out of raw.

It's nice to be able to pick your spots with maybe thirty photos. I can't imagine the pressure of having to catch all the key wedding moments. My hat's off to anyone who takes on the responsibility of the whole wedding shoot.

C&C much appreciated.

PHOTOS REMOVED

Blake

Edited on May 31, 2013 at 10:46 AM · View previous versions

May 28, 2013 at 02:21 PM
Vancouver47
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · First wedding post A few photos from the wedding of my son's schoolmate. C&C please.

A few more

Edited on May 31, 2013 at 10:44 AM · View previous versions

May 28, 2013 at 02:26 PM
rodmcwha
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · First wedding post A few photos from the wedding of my son's schoolmate. C&C please.

Amazing-you haven't been deluged by people telling you how inconsiderate you were to bring a camera!
(Not my opinion-by the way.)
You have some nice shots here. You captured emotions nicely, and you compositions are good.
You need to learn to edit raw, though. It has much more flexibility.

May 28, 2013 at 02:33 PM
Vancouver47
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · First wedding post A few photos from the wedding of my son's schoolmate. C&C please.

rodmcwha wrote:
Amazing-you haven't been deluged by people telling you how inconsiderate you were to bring a camera!
(Not my opinion-by the way.)
You have some nice shots here. You captured emotions nicely, and you compositions are good.
You need to learn to edit raw, though. It has much more flexibility.

Thanks for the comments

I shoot and edit raw almost exclusively, but in low light I have found it very difficult to match the NR and white balance adjustments the 1Dx does in body. My WB adjustments in particular tend tend to make the photo artificial. As a side note the 1Dx in camera jpg does an amazing job with mixed sodium vapour lighting WB.

May 28, 2013 at 02:45 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.