New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Two into One-

Jglaser757
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Two into One-

Please CC this image "two into one" from glacier national park,,im trying to do more in BW

May 27, 2013 at 09:20 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Two into One-

Diggin' the water.

Seems to be a bit too much detail/sharp/contrast in the rock/non-water areas competing for my attention. Might pull back on it a touch. Also, some fairly strong halos in a few places that pulling back on might help also. The water may not need as much pull back as some other areas, but I don't think a slight pull back will hurt it much. That or address the areas selectively.

May 27, 2013 at 11:07 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Two into One-

The composition seems a cramped on the right side. Might benefit from some vignette and dodging/burning to add to the feeling of dynamic flow.

May 27, 2013 at 04:50 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Two into One-

In addition to @RustyBug & @AuntiPode's comments, looking on a vanilla laptop, seems mid tones are absent.

Also, the abrupt sharpness of the rocks & walls fights the softness of the water, especially at the edges.

Personally, and I've only had one opportunity, waterfalls are extremely difficult subjects - communicating being there, with the mist, roar, and sense of the power of the stream, escapes me.

Might it be possible to get the original for some reworks? I'm curious how much detail can be recovered in the blocked-up areas of the water.

I'll bet a very enjoyable visit.

Regards,

Bob

May 27, 2013 at 06:05 PM
Jglaser757
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Two into One-

here is the original

May 28, 2013 at 03:42 PM
Jglaser757
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Two into One-

here is the original

May 28, 2013 at 03:42 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Two into One-

Dunno, playing around with quick conversion. Maybe something more like this? Water isn't where I''d like it but don't have the necessary resources at the moment.

Thanks for the original...

Regards,

Bob

May 29, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Jglaser757
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Two into One-

Bob Jarman wrote:
Dunno, playing around with quick conversion. Maybe something more like this? Water isn't where I''d like it but don't have the necessary resources at the moment.

Thanks for the original...

Regards,

Bob

yeah,,i agree,,i love the water in my first one,but dont care for the halo's and I see how the rocks can be competing,,,

May 30, 2013 at 03:05 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.