Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Opinion about Novatron V600 D

niktnowy

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Opinion about Novatron V600 D

Hey Guys

Got a question.

I have a chance to purchase complete Novatron gear - V600 with four flash heads, stands and two umbrellas and case for $600.00. Originally it was purchased in 2005-6 and it was used only couple times by retired photographer and now his wife is selling his gear. In addition she has background stand for $100.00 and Minolta IV F light meter for $70.00.
I was checking prices on the B&H and Adorama and it seems to me that it is at least twice as expensive as my offer. I am beginner and I am in process of learning secrets of the studio photography. I am not going to use this equipment for any commercial purpose just a hobby.

I am looking for your opinion about this set,

I really appreciate your advise in this subject.

Thank You very much.

May 26, 2013 at 10:28 PM
aborr
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Opinion about Novatron V600 D

It's an economical kit for doing a traditional "4-light" (main/fill/hair/background) formal portrait. For other stuff, you might find it either too little or too much gear. Whether or not it's a good buy depends on what you want to shoot.

The Minolta IV f is a nice meter at that price.

May 27, 2013 at 01:26 AM
JimmyStephans
• •
p.1 #3 · Opinion about Novatron V600 D

I used Novatron gear, including that pack, for years and never had problems in a studio setting.

Jun 17, 2013 at 06:42 PM
opfoto

p.1 #4 · Opinion about Novatron V600 D

I have the Novatron 1000vr with 4 lights. I use for on location portraits and I love it. As was said sometimes there is too much power, other times you wish you had a bit more. Easy to use and setup. I purchased mine used as well about 6 years ago and it doesn't see commercial (everyday) use but it is holding up quite well for what I do with it.

IMO I would try it then depending on if everything is working, buy it.....lock, stock, and barrel. Its a good kit to start with at the price you have listed.

Jun 21, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

marioalejandro

p.1 #5 · Opinion about Novatron V600 D

Nice buy if you can own it at that price point, and you dont have to use all 4 heads simultaneously. The power pac allows you to use 1, 2, 3 or all 4...the only thing is that the power increases if using less than the 4 heads, easily manageable with the flash meter and some sheets of spun glass.

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:31 PM
marioalejandro

p.1 #6 · Opinion about Novatron V600 D

Nice buy if you can own it at that price point, and you dont have to use all 4 heads simultaneously. The power pac allows you to use 1, 2, 3 or all 4...the only thing is that the power increases if using less than the 4 heads, easily manageable with the flash meter and some sheets of spun glass.

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Jeff Donald
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · Opinion about Novatron V600 D

The V600 has variable output of 3 stops, plus the heads probably can be switched an additional -1 or -2 stops. This gives the photographer a lot of control over the output/exposure. It's a good deal for $600.

Feb 18, 2014 at 03:32 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password