Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Barren land

ben egbert
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Barren land

On the way back from Upheaval dome in Canyonland NP there is a pull out for Holman Springs trail. I went to the canyon rim and took this image.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III    EF16-35mm f/2.8L II USM lens    23mm    f/8.0    1/160s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

May 26, 2013 at 02:18 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Barren land

Hey Ben,

That's a nice spot for a view, but I am not sure if it's the lighting or the processing, but visually I don't really detect any drop off. The foreground to me visually just runs flat into the canyon 1000 feet or so below it. One way to help that would be to brighten up the canyon floor a bit more in comparison to the foreground where you are standing. Without some seperation I think the shot loses some interest.

Jim

May 26, 2013 at 06:09 AM
nma
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Barren land

Hey Ben,

Can't say I like this image but I appreciate it and know why you made it.
It's emotional impact cannot be captured photographically but many of us keep trying.

May 26, 2013 at 02:54 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Barren land

Hey Ben,
Agree with both Jim and nma. I think this place begs for some directional light instead of direct light.

May 26, 2013 at 05:48 PM
Camperjim
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Barren land

This is pretty good, but I suspect the scenery was spectacular and the small image just fails to capture the scale. I would think a large print might be much better.

May 26, 2013 at 06:18 PM
ben egbert
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Barren land

Camperjim wrote:
This is pretty good, but I suspect the scenery was spectacular and the small image just fails to capture the scale. I would think a large print might be much better.

You hit it Jim. It is better as a screen saver than when downsized. Still, not one I will print. I thought it was a view not often seen from Canyonlands.

May 26, 2013 at 07:06 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password