Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Fuji X100 or X100S

adamfuji

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Fuji X100 or X100S

As a fairly new user of the Fuji X100 I have a comment and a question.

I find the files very clean and lovely to view. I find the X100 tactile and great to use.

It makes me wonder whether there may be mileage in saving for the X100S.

Are the X100S files significantly sharper and are they rendered differently ?

Just curious. Thank you for those who read this and those who comment.

Kind regards,

Adam.

May 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Ian Boys
• • •
p.1 #2 · Fuji X100 or X100S

The files don't IMHO look hugely different. It's more an ease of use thing. If you have time because you shoot landscapes then don't change. If you shoot weddings, change!

May 26, 2013 at 08:58 AM
justruss
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Fuji X100 or X100S

If you're not limited by the resolution of the X100... don't change!

1. The 100s is a bump in resolution, but not a doubling as measured in mp. I'd guess the next round brings us 20+, a much bigger jump.

2. The 100s has an XTrans sensor. Great for low-light. Not so great for landscapes. RAW developers are still figuring it out (though I really, really like Aperture's take). I expect incremental improvements from current RAW developers-- and perhaps bigger improvements in future XTrans generations.

3. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. This is a bad time to sell an X100 (the X100s has pushed the price low) and a bad time to upgrade to the 100s (it's currently the best XTrans sensor version on the market until the X-E/X-Pro get upgraded themselves) because it's selling at a premium.

May 26, 2013 at 10:54 AM
adamfuji

p.1 #4 · Fuji X100 or X100S

Thank you , as always , for your considered replies - I'm new to Fuji and have to say that there is something about the way it renders colours - Lovely.

The camera makes me want to use it - I was up at 3AM this morning playing with the menus - Sad I know but it has to be done.

Adam

May 26, 2013 at 11:34 AM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password