Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Looking to update my shopping cart, merchant interface

Jamesbjenkins
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Looking to update my shopping cart, merchant interface

Hey all, hopefully you guys can offer some perspective on this...

I built my website on Smugmug back in 2009, and did all my printing for clients through there.

In 2011, I made the transition to bring my main site to the WordPress platform with a ProPhotoBlogs theme, but left my proofing/merchant site with Smugmug.

I'm seriously not digging my proofing site, and I have never really been thrilled with it. It feels very 2003.

For those of you guys that have a merchant component to your website, can you recommend who I should be looking at? I know there are a lot of Zenfolio people here, but I don't know what other options you all could recommend.

I'm probably going to transition my main site to RAWfolio in the next month or so, if that helps at all... I'm open to using a stand-alone third party merchant platform if the customer experience is really consistent with the rest of my online presence.

May 25, 2013 at 07:25 PM
awad
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Looking to update my shopping cart, merchant interface

Zenfolio or instaproofs, both are nice. Zen has better fulfillment options though.

May 25, 2013 at 09:51 PM
Jamesbjenkins
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Looking to update my shopping cart, merchant interface

Thanks Awad. I'm aware of Zenfolio.

Anyone else, I know there are tons more opinions and perspectives. I'd love to hear them.

May 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Looking to update my shopping cart, merchant interface

awad wrote:
Zenfolio or instaproofs, both are nice. Zen has better fulfillment options though.

Just curious - how so?

I just switched from Smug to Zen. I was going back and forth between zen and instaproofs (I self-fulfill now). Zen has been fine so far but I found their self-fulfillment setup to be overly cumbersome and I even started a thread about it:
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1201844
There is a long thread on the Zenfolio forum with other people complaining about the crappy setup for self-fulfillment.

You also might take a look at the Sell Media plugin from GraphPaperPress. It's a free plugin for wordpress sites. I'm definitely interested in it though I haven't tried it. I bought my theme from graphpaperpress as well.
http://graphpaperpress.com/2012/11/14/sell-media-is-finally-here/

brad

May 27, 2013 at 05:29 AM
awad
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Looking to update my shopping cart, merchant interface

I wasn't talking about self-fulfillment, Just regular lab fulfillment. I don't do self fulfillment at all so I can't really comment on that.

May 27, 2013 at 05:31 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Looking to update my shopping cart, merchant interface

Oh, OK. I see.

brad

May 27, 2013 at 05:34 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password