Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2013 · 35 F1.4L

Tom Dix
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · 35 F1.4L

Dawei Ye wrote:
I find this post quite offensive. All posters were responding to your question in good faith. Your arrogance and sense of entitlement is astounding.

Given that you were willing to forgo the 35L based on user reviews of it, it clearly doesn't sound like you really need it. I'd save your money.

Really? offensive? On an Internet forum? Ok. I guess? Entitlement? I'm not seeing it.
New to FM. I do see that. Welcome OP! He asked about Canon 35 and those who have reported on their love of the Sigma, I understand. Many just want to have their narrative and that's fine. Really it's how FM functions. We are not perfect, yet much good information may be found here. Is it helpful to the OP, after he specifically stated, not interested in the Siggie, I'm paraphrasing. Probably not helpful.

I understand apprehension with Sigma. I have owned both the 50 1.4 and 85 1.4 from Sigma. Initially, each performed well. The 50 began a back focus issue and the 85 just missed from time to time, not all the time. It would go several gigs working well and the mis focus would return. Yes, both have in for service at Sigma.

To the OP. I really like my 35. It's better on my 5D3 than ever before. It is a solid performer, I really enjoy the images taken with the 35l. I believe it is worth the price of admission. In any event, get one in-hand and see the results yourself.

Again, welcome to FM, we are sort of an Internet, on- line, dysfunctional family.
For the the record, I'm at the " dys" end of the bell curve.

Jun 12, 2013 at 04:59 PM
austin.grant
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · 35 F1.4L

Tom,

Thanks for that post. Well, thanks for the useful parts of it, anyway...

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Jun 12, 2013 at 06:03 PM
RileyJoseph
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · 35 F1.4L

Love the 35L.. I sold it and the rebought it from the guy I sold it to a few months later.
I have not used the Sigma but have no desire to.. my 35L is uber sharp.

Jun 14, 2013 at 07:43 PM
Malux
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · 35 F1.4L

i just did a comparison between the sigma and the 35L. Both lenses are well made, though considering the length of time the sigma has been out, I'm more comfortable with L's construction mainly considering the pedigree of L lenses and the quality of CPS service (I got a bit of flack for this in my post in the forum a couple of days ago).

That said, the sigma shouldn't be judged by the history of Sigma lenses. It's really an amazing lens. Very sharp, well constructed, and focuses as well as the L (at least as far as I've seen on a 5DII) . It's the only non-L lens I own and if someone told me last year I'd be buying a sigma, I would have laughed them right out of the room.

In the end though, it's your money and if you're not comfortable going with the Sigma, go with the 35L or wait for V2. It's not like you'd be getting a terrible lens. Also, Canon has been refreshing its lenses so who knows - maybe the v2 will be out in the next 12-18mo.

Finally, if you'd like to see images shot with the sigma here's the link to my write up. The sample images are at the bottom.

Jun 14, 2013 at 08:13 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password