New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Whitter, CA Photo Locations

storytellers

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Whitter, CA Photo Locations

Anyone in the OC and LA area have some suggestions for great photo locations in Whittier? Sample photos would be great!

Thanks in advance!
Mike

May 24, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Neddie Seagoon
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Whitter, CA Photo Locations

Ah, now there's a place that just reeks of epicness.

How about the Puente Hills Mall? Bring a banana and a spare flux capacitor.

Seriously though, what are you looking for? The Whittier Narrows Rec area, the Pia Pico monument, the San Gabriel river and Whittier College could all provide some interesting backdrops. Not sure I'd be up for shooting say a wedding at any of those, but they could all be interesting.

May 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM
storytellers

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Whitter, CA Photo Locations

I'm going to be doing high school senior portraits. I like using natural light outdoors. Anything interesting with some character that could be used for vintage, urban, rural, etc.

May 24, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Neddie Seagoon
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Whitter, CA Photo Locations

Yeah, so take a ride over to the Rec Area and scout it out. There should be plenty of spots out there. Be better if you can do the shoot off hours like during the week as weekends will find you with several of your closest friends in the backgrounds.

If you can make it into downtown that might be even more interesting. The Music Center/ Disney Hall on a quiet Sunday morning can be pretty sweet.

May 24, 2013 at 03:35 PM
pc4400

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Whitter, CA Photo Locations

Go to old town Whittier (I think Greenleaf Blvd?). You could also shoot big panarama shots of Pomona from the hills if you drive up Turnbull Canyon Rd to the top.
I WOULD share some pics BUT, I went to old town to shoot, set up the tripod and camera, then realized mem cards were at home ARG!!

May 24, 2013 at 03:50 PM
jannaweiss
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Whitter, CA Photo Locations

Hardly a spot in Whittier that isn't good. Whittier college is has beautiful old buildings and greenery, you're in old town so from there you'll see many other great urban locations. As also already mentioned, you're about 20 minutes from where Back to the Future was filmed, but the Puente Hills Mall leaves little to be desired as far as beauty (or shopping). You are not too far from Fullerton Arboretum, another great spot. Hope this helps!

May 24, 2013 at 04:27 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.