New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Rennaissance festival

DaveOls
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Rennaissance festival

I may be going to a Renaissance festival near here tomorrow. If you take pictures of the actors, do you need to get model release forms. If I did anything at all with the pics, it would only be to post pics on photo forums. Absolutely no other postings.

May 24, 2013 at 06:05 AM
Richard Booth
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Rennaissance festival

I've been to a few of these and thoroughly enjoyed myself. If your festival is anything like ours, be prepared for a group of totally uninhibited people who thoroughly enjoy themselves and don't give a rat's fanny about what you think about them. They love the camera. That's why you pay to get in, in my opinion. Most are more than cooperative about posing for you. Some will hint at a tip, but most don't. I've seen the same group in different parts of the country, so I suspect they are quite a band of gypsies. Have fun. You're in for a treat.

Richard

May 24, 2013 at 08:01 AM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Rennaissance festival

You do not need a model release for your intended use.

Q: How do I know when I need a model release?

A: The answer to this question can be reached by asking a series of questions about the subject and the use of the photograph. A model release is needed from each person whose likeness appears in a photograph that is used for advertising or trade (business) purposes when the person is identifiable. Look at the photograph and the person(s) in it and ask these questions:

Could the person in the photograph be recognized by anyone? Be warned: It is very easy for a person to show in court that he or she is recognizable.

If the answer to question #1 is No, then you do not need a release.

Is the photograph to be used for an advertisement? (In law, “advertisement” is broadly defined.)

Is the photograph going to be used for commercial business purposes, like a brochure, calendar, poster, web site or other use that is intended to enhance a business interest?

If the answers to question #2 and question #3 are both No, then you do not need a release.

http://asmp.org/tutorials/frequently-asked-questions-about-releases.html#.UZ-iucpaYgg
http://www.betterphoto.com/article.asp?id=37

May 24, 2013 at 12:31 PM
DaveOls
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Rennaissance festival

The bus to the Renaissance Festival was cancelled because they did not get 10 people. I believe there is a vintage car show downtown today that I will go to instead. Don't need any model releases for them.

May 25, 2013 at 06:21 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.