Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda, JimFox
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Fire Falls

MajeedB
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Fire Falls

This spot in Kauai a lovely waterfall meets the ocean. This area of the coast by Queen's bath has caused many fatalities (not necessarily this specific location, but in the general area). The number is up to 12 just this year alone.

Knowing this, it had me extra cautious. I knew I wanted this comp, but wasn't worth becoming fish food. So I decided to personally scout the location on two separate days prior, watched the patterns of the wave break, and finally determined it was safe to go down in the narrow to shoot behind the falls. The feeling being down there when a big wave was rolling in was disconcerting to say the least. I kept my distance, stayed dry, and hopefully brought a unique comp to this location.

May 23, 2013 at 06:19 PM
harshaj1
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Fire Falls

I think you scouting trips paid off big time. Great wave action. Well done.
Harsha

May 23, 2013 at 06:22 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Fire Falls

Hey Majeed,

Very cool looking. I like what you came away with.

It doesn't pay to lose ones life over a photo, what's the point to that? So your scouting was well worth it, and it always pays to be cautious especially around the ocean.

Jim

May 23, 2013 at 06:26 PM
MajeedB
• •
p.1 #4 · Fire Falls

harshaj1 wrote:
I think you scouting trips paid off big time. Great wave action. Well done.
Harsha

Thanks. It was nice wave action. Also one of the scarier swells that came in. lol.

May 24, 2013 at 02:13 AM
MajeedB
• •
p.1 #5 · Fire Falls

JimFox wrote:
Hey Majeed,

Very cool looking. I like what you came away with.

It doesn't pay to lose ones life over a photo, what's the point to that? So your scouting was well worth it, and it always pays to be cautious especially around the ocean.

Jim

Thank you Jim, and I couldn't agree more.

May 24, 2013 at 02:14 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password