Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Off camera lighting - Stand up bass player

Michaelparris
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Off camera lighting - Stand up bass player

Comments welcome

May 23, 2013 at 03:36 PM
jfinite
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Off camera lighting - Stand up bass player

I'd like to see a touch more detail in the shadows.

May 23, 2013 at 06:33 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Off camera lighting - Stand up bass player

^^^Ditto. Too much loss of detail in the darks.

May 23, 2013 at 06:33 PM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Off camera lighting - Stand up bass player

Im happy with it as is.....
Wanted the face and the bass....

Had one light in a very dark area.....

Thanks for looking

May 23, 2013 at 09:11 PM
BigIronCruiser
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Off camera lighting - Stand up bass player

If you were already happy with it, then why seek comments? I'm in agreement, by the way, that it would have looked better with more detail in the shadow areas.

May 24, 2013 at 05:21 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Off camera lighting - Stand up bass player

BigIronCruiser wrote:
If you were already happy with it, then why seek comments? I'm in agreement, by the way, that it would have looked better with more detail in the shadow areas.

Because I wanted too....
Everyone outside the photography world loves it. Client loves it. I love it. Thats all that matters. If someone wants to comment I have no problem. My skin is thick......

May 24, 2013 at 06:04 AM
sidefunk
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Off camera lighting - Stand up bass player

I like it, as is. I am new to this but am quickly gravitating towards a preference for artistic choice in what remains negative space. Here i like the isolation of what you choose as your subject and the rest really needs no detail and, in fact, i think would detract from the subject. Just a matter of taste.

May 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM

jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Off camera lighting - Stand up bass player

BigIronCruiser wrote:
If you were already happy with it, then why seek comments? ...

Many people post here because they find other people's opinions interesting, not necessarily to seek info on how to change the vision or feel of their image, or to 'improve' it.

Michael, I see what you're trying to do with the image, I like dramatic pics as well, however, for me the brightness of his face coupled with the rest of his body going completely to black looks a bit unsettling to me, kind of a floating head syndrome.

May 24, 2013 at 01:10 PM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Off camera lighting - Stand up bass player

jfinite wrote:
Many people post here because they find other people's opinions interesting, not necessarily to seek info on how to change the vision or feel of their image, or to 'improve' it.

Michael, I see what you're trying to do with the image, I like dramatic pics as well, however, for me the brightness of his face coupled with the rest of his body going completely to black looks a bit unsettling to me, kind of a floating head syndrome.

You have called me out for floating head syndrome before.....Did not see it before dont see it here. Thanks for the comments

May 24, 2013 at 02:26 PM
Javier Crespin
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Off camera lighting - Stand up bass player

Nothing special. And you standoff attitude is just as disappointing.

May 25, 2013 at 01:44 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Off camera lighting - Stand up bass player

Javier Crespin wrote:
Nothing special. And you standoff attitude is just as disappointing.

Thanks for the comments...

May 25, 2013 at 08:25 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Off camera lighting - Stand up bass player

sidefunk wrote:
I like it, as is. I am new to this but am quickly gravitating towards a preference for artistic choice in what remains negative space. Here i like the isolation of what you choose as your subject and the rest really needs no detail and, in fact, i think would detract from the subject. Just a matter of taste.

Thanks for the kind words....

May 25, 2013 at 08:26 AM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Off camera lighting - Stand up bass player

Michaelparris wrote:
You have called me out for floating head syndrome before.....Did not see it before dont see it here. Thanks for the comments

I'm not 'calling you out', just giving my opinion. On my screen, his entire body has gone to black, and my eyes move upward and then his head appears as if from nowhere. His face is also very bright, which contrasts greatly with the deep black so as to make it seem even more prominen, so that part of the image 'sticks out' to me.

If the image is exactly as you wish it to be, fantastic, carry on. My opinion would be to consider either bringing down the exposure on his face, or lifting the shadows so that we could see some of his body. Either way, the image is yours, express yourself as you see fit.

May 25, 2013 at 03:18 PM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Off camera lighting - Stand up bass player

jfinite wrote:
I'm not 'calling you out', just giving my opinion. On my screen, his entire body has gone to black, and my eyes move upward and then his head appears as if from nowhere. His face is also very bright, which contrasts greatly with the deep black so as to make it seem even more prominen, so that part of the image 'sticks out' to me.

If the image is exactly as you wish it to be, fantastic, carry on. My opinion would be to consider either bringing down the exposure on his face, or lifting the shadows so that we
...Show more
Thanks for the comments....

May 25, 2013 at 03:33 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password