Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Dell UltraSharp U2713HM ????

Tom K.
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dell UltraSharp U2713HM ????

Does anyone here use the Dell UltraSharp U2713HM? I am on the verge of buying one. With such a high Rez monitor I am wondering how using Lightroom and Photoshop is with this monitor. I am on a windows 7 pro machine.

How do you like it? Are your experiences favorable with it?

Thank you.

May 23, 2013 at 02:57 PM
DeepShadows
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dell UltraSharp U2713HM ????

I am also wondering the same thing, a review from a real photo guy instead of a tech geek.

May 24, 2013 at 03:06 AM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dell UltraSharp U2713HM ????

DeepShadows wrote:
I am also wondering the same thing, a review from a real photo guy instead of a tech geek.

My thoughts exactly.

May 24, 2013 at 05:13 AM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Dell UltraSharp U2713HM ????

**Update**
I bought one. OMG is that monitor gorgeous. I am very happy with it. I bought it for editing photos and it was the perfect choice.

May 30, 2013 at 01:51 AM
ScottHM
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Dell UltraSharp U2713HM ????

I'm pretty happy with mine...I do love the resolution with it, but I don't like how easily it goes into energy saver mode, it's a little annoying and sometimes when it comes back from being in that mode it'll have a problem with all types of interference, like a television with no signal. I have to turn it off and back on to clear it. Other than that, it's great I just wish I could find a way to set it so I could keep it on.

May 30, 2013 at 05:41 AM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Dell UltraSharp U2713HM ????

ScottHM wrote:
I'm pretty happy with mine...I do love the resolution with it, but I don't like how easily it goes into energy saver mode, it's a little annoying and sometimes when it comes back from being in that mode it'll have a problem with all types of interference, like a television with no signal. I have to turn it off and back on to clear it. Other than that, it's great I just wish I could find a way to set it so I could keep it on.

Check with Dell. Or computer forums.

May 30, 2013 at 02:34 PM
ScottHM
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Dell UltraSharp U2713HM ????

It's a pretty well known and spoken about problem on forums. Dell is pretty much aware of it, I believe it's more of an issue with Macs.

May 30, 2013 at 03:12 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Dell UltraSharp U2713HM ????

ScottHM wrote:
It's a pretty well known and spoken about problem on forums. Dell is pretty much aware of it, I believe it's more of an issue with Macs.

I'm on windows 7 pro. Absolutely no problems whatsoever.

May 30, 2013 at 05:05 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

MaxBerlin
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Dell UltraSharp U2713HM ????

Does one need to use a cable other than the VGA cable to get the best results from this monitor?

Jun 14, 2013 at 10:02 PM
24Peter
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Dell UltraSharp U2713HM ????

How is the anti-glare coating? I bought one of the previous model (U2711 I think) and had a very, very difficult time viewing the screen for any period of time. Needless to say I returned it the next day.

Jun 15, 2013 at 09:32 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Dell UltraSharp U2713HM ????

24Peter wrote:
How is the anti-glare coating? I bought one of the previous model (U2711 I think) and had a very, very difficult time viewing the screen for any period of time. Needless to say I returned it the next day.

The anti glare works great. Just right for my taste.

Jun 17, 2013 at 01:29 AM
tranathi

p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Dell UltraSharp U2713HM ????

I bought the U2711 when it was on sale two weeks ago for $525. The anti-glare wasn't that bad, but Dell was still nice enough to replace it with a 2713H (not HM). The anti-glare coating is less agressive and almost like semi-gloss.
Both the U2711 and U2713H are wide color gamut and feature AdobeRGB while the U2713HM only supports sRGB.

I haven't tried the U2713HM, but my experience from the U2711 and U2713H has been great!

Jun 21, 2013 at 03:35 PM
IndyFab
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Dell UltraSharp U2713HM ????

Same here on the U2711, very happy with it. If the U2713HM is now the curent replacement for the 2711, I imagine it to be as Tom K said.

Jun 21, 2013 at 11:18 PM
mshi
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Dell UltraSharp U2713HM ????

Tom K. wrote:
Does anyone here use the Dell UltraSharp U2713HM? I am on the verge of buying one. With such a high Rez monitor I am wondering how using Lightroom and Photoshop is with this monitor. I am on a windows 7 pro machine.

How do you like it? Are your experiences favorable with it?

Thank you.

The industry standard is Eizo and NEC tho.

Here's a comprehensive review---> http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2013/review-dell-u2713h.html

and the conclusion:

The DELL U2713H is not easy to rate. All the right ingredients are there: viewing angle stability, IPS panel, hardware calibration, 14 bit LUT, image homogeneity compensation, innovative LED backlighting technology, color space emulation and much more. The fact that the total package fails to make a coherent impression comes down to many smaller problems. This makes it clear that, at the end of the day, DELL too had to slash some costs.

The display modes sRGB and AdobeRGB came properly calibrated, resulting in good color reproduction albeit with only average gray balance. Other presets were less convincing. Among these are the display mode Custom Color that serves as an important starting point for software calibration.

While the backlight uniformity passes without any noticeable weak spots, the image homogeneity despite the corresponding compensation function falls short of achieving more than just a satisfactory rating. On the other hand, many users appreciate the only slight anti reflection coating, as this prevents it from negatively interfering with image reproduction.

Hardware calibration can only be performed with the X-Rite i1 Display Pro on Windows and is very limited in its target parameters. What's lacking are advanced settings, particularly when selecting the native color space. But the results are flawless and reveal the monitor's true potential.

With its numerous video inputs and the built-in deinterlacer the U2713H lends itself as universal playback device. Unfortunately, 60 Hz is the only refresh rate that's free from micro judders. Specific signals result in an oversharpened image.

The overdrive implementation also clearly overshoots its mark. The result being visible artifacts. Those outweigh the benefits of the --for its IPS panel-- quite fast response times.

Thanks to the new GB-r-LED backlight the color gamut is conveniently large and allows for flexible use. And compared to the more traditional CCFL backlights the energy consumption is markedly reduced.

At a 700 EUR retail price tag the DELL U2713H basically has the potential to become a real bestseller. In its current revision however it just about barely managed to score a good overall rating.

Overall rating: GOOD

Jun 23, 2013 at 03:39 PM
photo1a
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Dell UltraSharp U2713HM ????

I don't know the differences between the U2713HM and the U2713H. Can someone help me out on this? Thanks.

Jun 25, 2013 at 09:17 PM
photo1a
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Dell UltraSharp U2713HM ????

I found my answer: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1219106/0?keyword=U2713h#11612629

Jun 25, 2013 at 09:21 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password