Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              31       32       end

Archive 2013 · New Leica Mini?

joe88
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New Leica Mini?

http://en.leica-camera.com/news/new_products/Mini%20M/

What do you think it will be?

May 23, 2013 at 02:03 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New Leica Mini?

Does "M" mean that it has to be m-mount? Yes? If so, I really don't have a clue, I thought the ME was the cheapest they'd do. Unless it's APS-C or something like that, but again can't really see them doing that. What do you think ?

May 23, 2013 at 02:08 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New Leica Mini?

Interesting, It looks like a box to me

I'm def. interested in this assuming it will be like a mini version of the rangefinder M series lineup! I would love to use my leica glass on it!!!

If it's like the X1 & X2 I will pass or the point and shoot models they have

Phil

May 23, 2013 at 02:08 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New Leica Mini?

could well be EVF M mount? hopefully full frame? But it will not be cheap.. Interesting days ahead!

May 23, 2013 at 02:10 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New Leica Mini?

If it's just APS-C ala Fuji X then I'm not sure they'd sell many at all. I see they've put the letter M in quotation marks, perhaps it's nothing really M related at all, or very loosely.

May 23, 2013 at 02:12 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New Leica Mini?

I would love that Joe if what you say is true! Except the price scary thought

May 23, 2013 at 02:12 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New Leica Mini?

Looking at where it sits, I suspect it can be either a mirrorless M mount or a full frame compact X3? I suspect it will be a mirrorless M mount as Leica did mention this in the past. Without the complicated rangefinder mechanicals, it would be cheaper to produce compared to the M-E or M(240). Probably priced in the region of the X2 and M-E, ie from $3 to 5k, which is still not cheap? Hopefully full frame... better stock up on Leica lenses again

May 23, 2013 at 02:17 PM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New Leica Mini?

I suspect they'll just sell the black box with the red dot for 1K and call it a day! "M" is for Minimalism!

May 23, 2013 at 02:19 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · New Leica Mini?

Glass is where it's at, hopfully M9 prices will drop on the B and S boards here and I can pick that up

May 23, 2013 at 02:21 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · New Leica Mini?

Tariq Gibran wrote:
I suspect they'll just sell the black box with the red dot for 1K and call it a day! "M" is for Minimalism!

expensive box but I am sure the lining will be awesome

May 23, 2013 at 02:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

joe88
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · New Leica Mini?

ricardovaste wrote:
If it's just APS-C ala Fuji X then I'm not sure they'd sell many at all. I see they've put the letter M in quotation marks, perhaps it's nothing really M related at all, or very loosely.

It may still sell if the sensor is specifically designed with microlenses for M mount glass? Since Leica is relatively small setup, it might well be easier for them to use the M(240) sensor and make it full frame? The EVF operation on my M240 is quite sluggish though, so it remains to be seen. All speculation on my part at this point.

May 23, 2013 at 02:23 PM
Jochenb
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · New Leica Mini?

My guess: APS-C sensor, interchangeable lenses.

May 23, 2013 at 02:27 PM
Tariq Gibran
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · New Leica Mini?

joe88 wrote:
It may still sell if the sensor is specifically designed with microlenses for M mount glass? Since Leica is relatively small setup, it might well be easier for them to use the M(240) sensor and make it full frame? The EVF operation on my M240 is quite sluggish though, so it remains to be seen. All speculation on my part at this point.

This would likely be easy for them to do. EVF/ Mirrorless only with no rangefinder and FF but I suspect for marketing reasons they would never do so as it would likely cannibalize M Rangefinder sales. I'm betting it has to be APS sensor size.

May 23, 2013 at 02:28 PM
joe88
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · New Leica Mini?

I hope it is not a re-branded version of this

http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/big-rumor-panasonic-revives-the-l1-and-makes-a-hell-of-a-mft-camera-out-of-it/

Tariq is right, APS seems logical if Leica doesn't want to cannibalize the M rangefinder sales. Either way, a cheaper M mount option will spur more sales for their new lenses.

May 23, 2013 at 02:36 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · New Leica Mini?

If it was fixed lens FF it might be interesting. Anything else would be a bit 'blah' to me.

May 23, 2013 at 02:38 PM
helimat
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · New Leica Mini?

If it is a mirrorless cam, hopefully it will have the capability of zooming in on the live-view outside of the center only, unlike the M240's crippled live view implementation.

But yes, I too suspect an APS-C cam.

May 23, 2013 at 03:32 PM
snowboarder
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · New Leica Mini?

joe88 wrote:
could well be EVF M mount? hopefully full frame?

that's the only logical explanation. But it's Leica, they've proven to be anti-logical...
If it's really a FF M-mount without the rage-finder, and it is what it's supposed to be, I'm buying two.

May 23, 2013 at 03:35 PM
sculptormic
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · New Leica Mini?

M could just stand for "Mini"

May 23, 2013 at 04:17 PM
Makten
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · New Leica Mini?

snowboarder wrote:
If it's really a FF M-mount without the rage-finder, and it is what it's supposed to be, I'm buying two.

Me too! Or, one will do.

May 23, 2013 at 04:43 PM
AshNZ
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · New Leica Mini?

joe88 wrote:
I hope it is not a re-branded version of this

http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/big-rumor-panasonic-revives-the-l1-and-makes-a-hell-of-a-mft-camera-out-of-it/

From Leica Rumors.

Leica Camera has a new teaser on their website for a new Mini M camera that will be announced on June 11th. A new model placed between the M and the X series has been rumored for years. The only additional info I have at that point is that the new camera will be made in Germany and it will not be part of the Panasonic-rebranded Leica cameras. Stay tuned for more.

Read more on LeicaRumors.com: http://leicarumors.com/#ixzz2U8QftTTd

May 23, 2013 at 04:44 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password