Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Just Updated Our Wedding Portfolio - Thoughts?

tobiah
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Just Updated Our Wedding Portfolio - Thoughts?

Because we blog so often and blog so many from each wedding our portfolio often gets overlooked and neglected.

However looking at our stats a LOT of people browse the gallery first when looking at what we do. (Go figure!?)

Most people don't default to the blog...

So yesterday I took some time to weed out old shots that bring down the set a little, and show our current style in our portfolio whilst keeping the order interesting...

I'm not sure if this is allowed here but I'd love to get your thoughts on our updated portfolio?

If this is not allowed just let me know and I will delete this message.

Thanks, Tobiah!

You can see it at - http://www.tobiahtayo.com/wedding-photographer-gallery

May 23, 2013 at 04:34 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Just Updated Our Wedding Portfolio - Thoughts?

If you'd prefer people only go to blog posts, have you considered having a portfolio page which simply links to your favourite posts?

I think the portfolio is nice.

May 23, 2013 at 05:20 AM
tobiah
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Just Updated Our Wedding Portfolio - Thoughts?

ricardovaste wrote:
If you'd prefer people only go to blog posts, have you considered having a portfolio page which simply links to your favourite posts?

I think the portfolio is nice.

Thanks for your comment Ricardo.

I did think about this. I probably don't prefer them to go to blog posts but just put most of my attention their previously. I think a best of slideshow is probably best for a first impression so they get impressed and always remember those images that I really want them to see.

If they just browsed the blog I guess they would miss some of my fave images.

May 23, 2013 at 05:36 AM
heikoM
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Just Updated Our Wedding Portfolio - Thoughts?

the shot of the couple in the pine tree forest with the setting sun is epic.
I feel this one needs much more attention, but that is me... (o:

cool stuff!

heiko

May 23, 2013 at 06:00 AM
tobiah
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Just Updated Our Wedding Portfolio - Thoughts?

heikoM wrote:

cool stuff!

heiko

Thanks Heiko, Nice to hear your thoughts. thats quite an old shot and I do love it so I kept it in. Maybe I should bring it forward

May 23, 2013 at 06:32 AM
widjayaman
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Just Updated Our Wedding Portfolio - Thoughts?

heikoM wrote:

heiko

this. I think that this is a much stronger first photo than the current one you have. also the flower shot does not do much for me.

I love your work Tobiah!

May 23, 2013 at 08:32 AM
Bartlett Pair
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Just Updated Our Wedding Portfolio - Thoughts?

Wow! That's a very impressive portfolio! You should be very proud. I had no idea it was going to be so many images, but you kept me transfixed all the way to the last picture, so that certainly speaks to the quality of your work.

Definitely a good call to update it based on your traffic's analytics. I can certainly sympathize with frequent blog posts leading to your very best work getting lost in the shuffle, so I agree you made the right move from that perspective.

Is there a reason you don't have the same images/order on your homepage? I guess it makes sense to make the order different in case someone watches your homepage for a few minutes and then clicks on your portfolio.

Our website's homepage currently shows full blog posts, but I may convert to a static homepage (like you have) to provide more control from a SEO/first-impression perspective.

May 23, 2013 at 10:26 AM
tobiah
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Just Updated Our Wedding Portfolio - Thoughts?

Thanks Bartlett and thanks for spending the time to look through! Its nice to know its captivating! I hadn't thought about putting the same slideshow on the homepage. I guessed most people would be called to action with a click but maybe I should have them all on the homepage too?

May 23, 2013 at 10:47 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.