FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Yosemite, Mirror lake

kevindar
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Yosemite, Mirror lake

slightly different view than the usual. capturing the sun as it is peaking through. this is a two shot simple gradient blend.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8403/8787166681_b347f3b0e7_b.jpg

May 23, 2013 at 12:20 AM
harshaj1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Yosemite, Mirror lake

Lovely shot .
Harsha

May 23, 2013 at 06:04 AM
Justin Grimm
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Yosemite, Mirror lake

Really nice. What lens are you using to get that perfectly clean sun star?

Only suggestion would be to loose the branches in the upper left, or just shift the composition so that the mountain was fully relfected in the water and not cut off (if possible)

May 23, 2013 at 07:44 AM
charlandk
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Yosemite, Mirror lake

Love it. The sun burst is perfect. I agree with Justin about losing the branches in the upper left though.

May 23, 2013 at 08:05 AM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Yosemite, Mirror lake

Lovely shot you have here. It is very interesting that the reflected portion is more focused than the above the lake scene, which I also often have. Yes, it would be nice to have the fully reflected mountain, but I am sure there was a reason to have it cut off. I don't mind the upper left tree branches because it covers dead spot of the sky area.
Overall, this is very nice. Cheers.
Kee

May 23, 2013 at 08:15 AM
kevindar
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Yosemite, Mirror lake

thanks everyone. canon 16-35 II has very nice sunburst effect. this was shot at f11. I think part of the reason the foreground appears more sharp is more contrast.
I do have the full reflection of the mountain, but not clean, but with some more grass. I revisit it. it appeared that the cropping looked better this way.
as for branches I really though about it. I felt it helps a little bit in framing the image, and gets rid of part of otherwise very boring sky. it takes 2 minutes to clone it, and I will try it and see if I like the results better.
Again, thanks a lot for the feedback.

May 23, 2013 at 08:27 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Yosemite, Mirror lake

I like this a lot. I am loving my 16-35. I also like the branches in the corner.

May 23, 2013 at 09:10 AM
kevindar
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Yosemite, Mirror lake

thanks Ben. I am glad you are enjoying your 16-35II. I know you are a perfectionist when it comes to image quality, so I am glad that 16-35II is acceptable.

May 23, 2013 at 12:28 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.