Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Elizabeth - MF Film

tophoto.
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Elizabeth - MF Film

Hey there FM members, first time posting a thread to share an image, but did a recent shoot and thought I would show my favorite shot! All natural light, shot with a mamiya rz67/110mm f2.8/fuji pro400h, self developed and scanned with an epson v600.

Elizabeth by Thomas O'Connell, on Flickr

Skin tones have to be the hardest part of scanning color at home, and I've seen a million different ways of doing it, finally settled on this as I felt it was most accurate and neutral. If anyone does a lot of scanning and has anything to chime in on that topic please feel free!

-Thomas

May 23, 2013 at 03:05 AM
rodmcwha
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Elizabeth - MF Film

Absolutely beautiful!

May 23, 2013 at 03:32 AM
Peter Figen
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Elizabeth - MF Film

It's a really beautiful portrait and a great use of film as a medium. Scanning color negs is very subjective but you've done a good job here I think. I've drum scanned thousands of color negs over the last decade and there is no right or wrong way to arrive at your final destination. If it were me, I might opt for a tick more saturation in her skintones, making them a bit redder, but only just a bit. Overall, you did a great job!

May 23, 2013 at 03:40 AM
bbourizk
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Elizabeth - MF Film

A very nice image mate.
I would agree with Peter in that I would saturate the reds a little, she's a bit on the green side.
Regards
Bud

May 23, 2013 at 11:00 AM

jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Elizabeth - MF Film

Nice image. I think it could be better if she were turned into the light (short lit). Got some green contamination in the shadows, consider adjusting that.

May 23, 2013 at 03:19 PM
nextelbuddy
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Elizabeth - MF Film

Im not a film guy but can appreciate this beautiful image. I do see the green contamination in the shadows that the person above me pointed out. never noticed it before until he mentioned it though

May 23, 2013 at 05:42 PM
Peter Figen
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Elizabeth - MF Film

For her face, broad light is really great. It would completely change the mood and the mood here is great. While there is some green in the shadows, it actually feels right because the image is shot with a lot of green around it. You could work that out or not. It'd still be a good image.

May 23, 2013 at 06:05 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password