Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Peru Machu Picchu and Iguazu Falls Images (from Argentina side)

bpham
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Peru Machu Picchu and Iguazu Falls Images (from Argentina side)

Some of the pictures I got from the trip last week to Peru and Argentina. Hope you'll enjoy it.

#1 Machu Picchu afternoon sun.

http://bpham.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Machu-Picchu-in-the-afternoon-sunlight1.jpg

#2 Machu Picchu Early Morning -- around 8:30am, foggy and dark.

http://bpham.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Machu-Pichu-Lower-Level-Early-Morning1.jpg

#3 Chinchiro near Cuzco -- Model was not paid

http://bpham.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Enjoying-The-View1.jpg

#4 Iguazu Falls, The Devil's Throat (Garganta Del Diablo) - The color of the water is actually yellow-greenish color. Not as nice as the images from Fred's recent posting...but my camera was soaking wet due to the rain and mist from standing right there, however, that was an awesome view in person, can't describe in images!

http://bpham.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Garganta-e-Diablo-2.jpg

May 22, 2013 at 01:04 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Peru Machu Picchu and Iguazu Falls Images (from Argentina side)

Hey Binh,
You walked away with great images!
Machu Picchu should be in every photographer's bucket list! I will get there some day.
Iguaçu Falls from the other side is called "Iguazu". It seems to be an completely different look. Should look amazing during sunrise. Thanks for sharing.
...Yes, the gear gets soaked. I was also cleaning my lens after every exposure.
Take care,
Fred

May 22, 2013 at 01:57 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Peru Machu Picchu and Iguazu Falls Images (from Argentina side)

Hi Binh,
Amazing set of photographs. #2 is my fav here. The last one looks ferocious.

May 22, 2013 at 02:38 PM
David Leask
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Peru Machu Picchu and Iguazu Falls Images (from Argentina side)

Terrific shots Binh, congratulations.
David

May 22, 2013 at 02:57 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Peru Machu Picchu and Iguazu Falls Images (from Argentina side)

Hey Binh,

Cool shots here, Machu Picchu is a cool place, #1 and 2 are my favorites.

Jim

May 22, 2013 at 03:14 PM
bpham
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Peru Machu Picchu and Iguazu Falls Images (from Argentina side)

Thanks all. All shots were made hand-held, no tripods. All except the #3, were merges of 8 photos each. In the haste to show these pictures, I put them together thru PS Pano Merge feature, and #2 did have some anomaly, which I will try to see if it can be corrected. Amazingly enough, both the camera, Canon 50D and my lens 16-35mm survive the water... for now, but who knows, it might have issue few months from now...(who wants to buy it ?).

Fred, the Brazil side is the best place for the views of the whole falls, however, on the Argentina side, I did love the hikes around the park, and also the closeups while standing near these falls. The park opens from 8am-6pm daily, so there is no opportunity to take sunrise or sunset shots, unless I was willing to pay $500 a day to stay inside the park (Hilton hotel), which I did not want to do.

Cuzco was amazing, and very safe, despite reports few months earlier about kidnapping etc... I will put together some of my experiences and where to go, stay, etc... for other people who want to visit Machu Picchu, and hopefully will be useful. My wife did all the researches and we did not hire any tour guide either for both places and that, to me is the way to go. However to be honest, there were times when we were not sure about what we had to do...and maybe that was part of the fun.

May 22, 2013 at 03:26 PM
Sneakyracer
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Peru Machu Picchu and Iguazu Falls Images (from Argentina side)

I really like #2. Its a different perspective on a well photographed icon! Very nice!

regarding pic #4...always carry and use an ND filter! It's like a golden rule in waterfall landscapes

May 22, 2013 at 03:58 PM
AndrewThomas
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Peru Machu Picchu and Iguazu Falls Images (from Argentina side)

The first 2 are very nice! Some of the better Macchu pictures I have seen ( and we have all seen so many of them!)

cheers Andrew

May 22, 2013 at 04:52 PM
harshaj1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Peru Machu Picchu and Iguazu Falls Images (from Argentina side)

Great set. First three are very inviting. Love the pano.
Harsha

May 22, 2013 at 05:26 PM
bpham
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Peru Machu Picchu and Iguazu Falls Images (from Argentina side)

Hi SneakyRacer,

Regarding carrying ND filter, yes did carry a few, but never even had more than a second for each shot. Had to use my left hand to cover the lens from water and the right hand to click the shutter as fast as I could, and actually, I purposely used faster shutter speed to capture the action of the streams.

Thanks.

May 22, 2013 at 06:41 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Peru Machu Picchu and Iguazu Falls Images (from Argentina side)

cool place!

May 23, 2013 at 05:27 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.