Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Time warp to 1973

tonyfield
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Time warp to 1973

Years ago I shot some interesting subjects - and decided to go back into the archives to make a few prints that would be worthwhile to revisit after years of neglect. One such subject was a wonderful friend Carol shot in 1973.

In this case, we actually worked on a commercial advertising newspaper spread advertising a radio programme called "Hourglass". The planned shot was for a late 1800's or early 1900's theme in a historic house. Of course, aside from the planned image, I took a few out-takes before and after makeup was done.

The first image is the planned advertising shot - on a Canon F1 with a 28mm lens (It could have been the 19mm F3.5, but I am not sure) on Tri-X. I would have used the Leica, however I needed the 28mm (or wider) and did not have one for the Leica. Since the shooting required careful perspective and close proximity, the reflex camera was definitely better for this shot than the vague framing of the M4. Horses for courses

Since I had some time after Carol finished wardrobe, hair, and makeup, I took a few fun shots on a pair of Leicas. Since these were not for publication, a few shots in colour were in order. However most things were shot in B&W (in the ancient days, colour was much more expensive than B&W - I only shot colour "when necessary")

May 22, 2013 at 05:10 PM
apollo11
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Time warp to 1973

Love the images. Great job all those years ago!

May 22, 2013 at 09:13 PM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Time warp to 1973

Good stuff, thanks for the trip in the time machine. Love the stockings and pose on 3.

May 22, 2013 at 11:09 PM
poshyp
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Time warp to 1973

Very nice

May 23, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Time warp to 1973

Wonderful work!