Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Sunrise Start

bktools
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Sunrise Start

Of my annual Spring exploration of the Western States- along the Hood Canal of between the Olympic Peninsula and Puget Sound. Thanks for looking.

Bob

May 22, 2013 at 03:38 PM
Ron-H
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Sunrise Start

Like the first one best, nice mood and the little duck adds to it, Ron

May 22, 2013 at 07:37 PM
Justan
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Sunrise Start

Hi,

I wanted to take a moment to comment on these two works. The color saturation and pallets are compact and very nicely done. The black point is pretty high, and you make good use of it to add character and mood. Key results of this use (to me) are in the effect upon the waves on the 1st image and the beach on the 2nd image. The effect makes the palette more compact, the scene subtly abstract and romantic. It's tricky to do this (use black) without overpowering the scene, and you've succeeded.

Nicely done.

Is the 2nd image, per chance taken, near Seabeck bay?

May 22, 2013 at 08:11 PM
bktools
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Sunrise Start

Ron-H wrote:
Like the first one best, nice mood and the little duck adds to it, Ron

Hi Ron,

Many thanks for your most welcome and kind comments and glad you like the first image: it was a good time to be there.

Bob

May 22, 2013 at 10:46 PM
bktools
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Sunrise Start

Justan wrote:
Hi,

I wanted to take a moment to comment on these two works. The color saturation and pallets are compact and very nicely done. The black point is pretty high, and you make good use of it to add character and mood. Key results of this use (to me) are in the effect upon the waves on the 1st image and the beach on the 2nd image. The effect makes the palette more compact, the scene subtly abstract and romantic. It's tricky to do this (use black) without overpowering the scene, and you've succeeded.

Nicely done.

Is the 2nd image, per chance
...Show more

Hi Justan,

Thanks very much for your most welcome, kind and detailed comments and glad you like the images: it was a good time to be there.

The 2nd image was captured slightly south of Seabeck near Eldon where the Hamma Hamma River meets the canal. The landform on the left is Cummings Point.

Bob

May 22, 2013 at 10:49 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password