Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · #554 Blooming Apple

rffffffff
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #554 Blooming Apple

May 21, 2013 at 08:37 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #554 Blooming Apple

Fruit bearing blossoms! Great idea on the reverse order of things....! Despite the fact that the "fruit" isn't the focus of the shot, I'd be hard pressed not to consider this a contender if that's an actual apple blossom!

Greg

May 21, 2013 at 08:46 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #554 Blooming Apple

Very nice shot .

Birdie

May 22, 2013 at 12:31 AM
rffffffff
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #554 Blooming Apple

I will decline to answer whether its an apple blossom or not, but I will say the apple was bought at the store and the flower was plucked from my yard and I don't have apple trees!

I just thought they looked cool together, and I think the shot is better from above than from the side.

May 22, 2013 at 02:54 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

corndog
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #554 Blooming Apple

gregfountain wrote:
Fruit bearing blossoms! Great idea on the reverse order of things....! Despite the fact that the "fruit" isn't the focus of the shot, I'd be hard pressed not to consider this a contender if that's an actual apple blossom!

Greg, I don't know how conscious your comments are, but I've seen these before from you and I don't think they're polite. You comment about the fruit not being the focus of the shot, as if the OP has failed to meet some sort of criteria for the competition. You also imply that the shot is a contender to win, but only if it's an actual blossom, while you know it's not. You've made two subtle comments that essentially plant a seed (NPI) into the viewers mind and are possibly affecting votes. This is not a place for critique and these comments come off as cheap and subtle attempts to degrade your opponents.

May 23, 2013 at 07:00 AM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #554 Blooming Apple

corndog wrote:
Greg, I don't know how conscious your comments are, but I've seen these before from you and I don't think they're polite. You comment about the fruit not being the focus of the shot, as if the OP has failed to meet some sort of criteria for the competition. You also imply that the shot is a contender to win, but only if it's an actual blossom, while you know it's not. You've made two subtle comments that essentially plant a seed (NPI) into the viewers mind and are possibly affecting votes. This is not a place for critique and
...Show more

I think you are reading way more into it than is there corndog. I am simply stating what I see and I seriously doubt anyone will change their mind because of what I've said. I certainly meant no disrespect to the OP, and I'm really offended you suggest that I am somehow trying to influence the vote. For the record. I voted for this shot.

May 23, 2013 at 01:49 PM
rffffffff
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #554 Blooming Apple

Let's take this for what it is... The point of these assignments are to focus and sharpen your photography skills by participating in a friendly, zero stakes competition.

At least on anything I post, trash talking, psychological tricks to encourage voters to look elsewhere and passive aggressive manipulation are strongly encouraged! (Even though I don't think Greg had those intentions)

Everyone has a right to their opinion of the images, the intent, whether it fits the assignment and whether they are good or bad... I think discussion of these things, regardless of what it might say to voters, is a healthy part of learning and growing and becoming better photographers. I would rather gain insight into what people think of an image than garner additional votes, which ultimately gain me absolutely nothing, even if I were to win.

It is the internet, and offense should be taken lightly, but let's not be silly here and be offended or concerned about comments on pictures... I think we should view the other posters and entries as opportunities to learn and share and comment and appreciate as opposed to 'opponents.'

But you better believe the next picture posted by greg is getting a caps lock "THIS IS CRAP" comment just to be funny.

May 23, 2013 at 02:55 PM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password