FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Pawnee Buttes in Strange Light

Colorado CJ
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pawnee Buttes in Strange Light

I went for a hike yesterday at Pawnee Buttes hoping for some thunder head photography. I wasn't lucky enough for that though as there was overcast and black skies surrounding the area on 3 sides. The weather made an already strange place even more strange looking with weird lighting.

Made for some interesting photos though.

20-May-2013-1 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

20-May-2013-2 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

20-May-2013-3 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

20-May-2013-4 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Edited by JimFox on May 20, 2013 at 02:35 PM

May 20, 2013 at 02:24 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pawnee Buttes in Strange Light

Hi Andrew,

#4 is my favorite here. I like how the composition and light flow together. In #1, it looks like you used a ND grad on it with the peak being so dark compared to the rest of the shot. I like how the sun is bursting out through the clouds there, and the composition is top notch, so it would be my #2 pick if only the top of that hill wasn't so dark.

Jim

May 21, 2013 at 02:05 AM
hrogersiii

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pawnee Buttes in Strange Light

Hello Andrew my name is Harry Rogers and I have recently starting viewing photos from folks posted here and I came across yours this morning.

I work for a renewable energy company, RMT, and I beleive you have captured a really cool shot of our wind turbines we erected last year in shot #3. That is a really great looking shot....!!

I would be interested in speaking with you to obtain a copy. I can be reached by e-mail at [email protected]

Best Regards,

Harry

May 21, 2013 at 08:24 AM
Colorado CJ
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pawnee Buttes in Strange Light

JimFox wrote:
Hi Andrew,

#4 is my favorite here. I like how the composition and light flow together. In #1, it looks like you used a ND grad on it with the peak being so dark compared to the rest of the shot. I like how the sun is bursting out through the clouds there, and the composition is top notch, so it would be my #2 pick if only the top of that hill wasn't so dark.

Jim

Thanks. Yeah, I used a grad filter. I actually processed that shot first with the butte lightened on top, but for some reason, I liked the "feel" of the photo better with the butte dark on the top. I might reprocess that and put it in this thread for a comparison.

May 23, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Colorado CJ
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Pawnee Buttes in Strange Light

hrogersiii wrote:
Hello Andrew my name is Harry Rogers and I have recently starting viewing photos from folks posted here and I came across yours this morning.

I work for a renewable energy company, RMT, and I beleive you have captured a really cool shot of our wind turbines we erected last year in shot #3. That is a really great looking shot....!!

I would be interested in speaking with you to obtain a copy. I can be reached by e-mail at [email protected]

Best Regards,

Harry

Hello Harry, sorry for getting back to you so late. Thanks for the compliment. I'll send you an email today. Thanks again!

May 23, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Colorado CJ
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Pawnee Buttes in Strange Light

Here are the last three shots of the set shot last weekend. I didn't know the initial post could only have 4 photos attached.

20-May-2013-5 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

20-May-2013-6 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

20-May-2013-7 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

May 23, 2013 at 12:02 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.