Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Pawnee Buttes in Strange Light

Colorado CJ
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Pawnee Buttes in Strange Light

I went for a hike yesterday at Pawnee Buttes hoping for some thunder head photography. I wasn't lucky enough for that though as there was overcast and black skies surrounding the area on 3 sides. The weather made an already strange place even more strange looking with weird lighting.

Made for some interesting photos though.

20-May-2013-1 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

20-May-2013-2 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

20-May-2013-3 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

20-May-2013-4 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Edited by JimFox on May 20, 2013 at 07:35 PM

May 20, 2013 at 07:24 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Pawnee Buttes in Strange Light

Hi Andrew,

#4 is my favorite here. I like how the composition and light flow together. In #1, it looks like you used a ND grad on it with the peak being so dark compared to the rest of the shot. I like how the sun is bursting out through the clouds there, and the composition is top notch, so it would be my #2 pick if only the top of that hill wasn't so dark.

Jim

May 21, 2013 at 07:05 AM
hrogersiii

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Pawnee Buttes in Strange Light

Hello Andrew my name is Harry Rogers and I have recently starting viewing photos from folks posted here and I came across yours this morning.

I work for a renewable energy company, RMT, and I beleive you have captured a really cool shot of our wind turbines we erected last year in shot #3. That is a really great looking shot....!!

I would be interested in speaking with you to obtain a copy. I can be reached by e-mail at harry.rogers@rmtinc.com

Best Regards,

Harry

May 21, 2013 at 01:24 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Colorado CJ
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Pawnee Buttes in Strange Light

JimFox wrote:
Hi Andrew,

#4 is my favorite here. I like how the composition and light flow together. In #1, it looks like you used a ND grad on it with the peak being so dark compared to the rest of the shot. I like how the sun is bursting out through the clouds there, and the composition is top notch, so it would be my #2 pick if only the top of that hill wasn't so dark.

Jim

Thanks. Yeah, I used a grad filter. I actually processed that shot first with the butte lightened on top, but for some reason, I liked the "feel" of the photo better with the butte dark on the top. I might reprocess that and put it in this thread for a comparison.

May 23, 2013 at 04:53 PM
Colorado CJ
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Pawnee Buttes in Strange Light

hrogersiii wrote:
Hello Andrew my name is Harry Rogers and I have recently starting viewing photos from folks posted here and I came across yours this morning.

I work for a renewable energy company, RMT, and I beleive you have captured a really cool shot of our wind turbines we erected last year in shot #3. That is a really great looking shot....!!

I would be interested in speaking with you to obtain a copy. I can be reached by e-mail at harry.rogers@rmtinc.com

Best Regards,

Harry

Hello Harry, sorry for getting back to you so late. Thanks for the compliment. I'll send you an email today. Thanks again!

May 23, 2013 at 04:54 PM
Colorado CJ
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Pawnee Buttes in Strange Light

Here are the last three shots of the set shot last weekend. I didn't know the initial post could only have 4 photos attached.

20-May-2013-5 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

20-May-2013-6 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

20-May-2013-7 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

May 23, 2013 at 05:02 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password