Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Can I Get Your Thoughts Please?

travis_smith

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Can I Get Your Thoughts Please?

I've had this idea in my mind for quite some time, but have never acted on it. So I'm going to lay it out here and see if any of you care to comment on it whether good or bad. I know we have all seen videos or whatever of small kids tasting something sour for the first time. Examples would be limes or lemons....So here is a project I thought about going with.

I would first advertise the event and ask those with children of the age range I'm looking for to volunteer to do so. And seeing as this is a personal project and a series I would like to display if it turned out the way I hoped, I wouldn't charge any fees for doing the photos, and would give the parent a complementary print at no charge if they desired.

Basically I would call it "First Taste" and photograph the facial expressions of children tasting lemons or limes for the first time.

If you could, just tell me your thoughts on the idea either good or bad....Thanks

May 20, 2013 at 05:25 PM
Sunny Sra
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Can I Get Your Thoughts Please?

IMO...very good idea.

May 20, 2013 at 05:34 PM
Squirrely Eyed
• •
p.1 #3 · Can I Get Your Thoughts Please?

It sounds sweet...with a twist of lime.

I think this would be a fun project and could result in a great series of photos.

May 20, 2013 at 05:58 PM
goosemang
• • •
p.1 #4 · Can I Get Your Thoughts Please?

i think you should do it, definitely.

get yourself model releases so you don't have to sweat that stuff afterwords.

May 20, 2013 at 06:13 PM

Steve Wylie
• • •
p.1 #5 · Can I Get Your Thoughts Please?

Just make sure the kids' parents are able to see exactly what you're giving them to taste. If it's a lemon, for example, cut off a slice for you and the parent and then give one to the kid.

May 20, 2013 at 06:37 PM
travis_smith

p.1 #6 · Can I Get Your Thoughts Please?

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've already got two different model releases printed for my business. One for those over 18 and those for the legal guardian of persons under the adult age.

As for giving the kids the item to taste, I'm thinking I will let that be left up to the parent to do. I'm even thinking of asking the parent to bring what they want that is sour as I don't want the possibility of having someone say I gave their child something they should not have had.

May 20, 2013 at 07:07 PM
Steve Wylie
• • •
p.1 #7 · Can I Get Your Thoughts Please?

I'm even thinking of asking the parent to bring what they want that is sour as I don't want the possibility of having someone say I gave their child something they should not have had.

That's a good way to handle this. Should be a fun shoot!

May 20, 2013 at 09:12 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password