Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Greetings from Montreal

SargentRay
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Greetings from Montreal

Hello all, new member here and of course this is the first time i post pictures outside the photo forums i hang out in at home. I'm an avid amateur but was once a working photographer in a past life having studied photography in the 80's. Almost 52 y.o. now and only went digital 2 years ago as i started shooting sports for my son's football league. One thing led to another and i covered a few local events and got a few paying gigs from folks having seen some of my work. just thought i'd share a few of them with you, simply to get new eyes to constructively see and criticize my pictures. For the moment i rely on my trustworthy D3s along with a 24-70 and a 70-200, recently added the TC20-EIII until i can afford a 400. I'm planning to do sports shooting in one way or another once i retire from the force, been a cop for 26 years now and have 3 years to go before i hand in my papers.
If at one time i was an architectural photographer i can tell you sport shooting has become a real passion for me. Here the sports season is really short aside from hockey during winter we only have 3-4 months of relatively nice weather, also 70% of my football pictures are done at night in poorly lit city parks, but i do my best.

1-)

2-)

3-)

4-)

5-)

6-)

Edited on May 20, 2013 at 08:22 PM · View previous versions

May 20, 2013 at 05:21 AM
P Alesse
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Greetings from Montreal

Loved the first three.

May 20, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Frank Lauri
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Greetings from Montreal

Ray....welcome to FM Sports. Great place to hang and learn about shooting sports. I agree with Paul on the first three with #1 the money shot.

Keep shooting and posting.

May 20, 2013 at 11:28 AM
SargentRay
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Greetings from Montreal

Thank you very much for looking at my shots Paul and Frank. I have to say this forum is very well built with a grey background as it should be to start with and quite easy to navigate through. Also i am pleasantly surprised of the overall quality of the shots i've seen here in the sports corner" To be honest it dwarfs my work and it is quite ok. It will certainly help me become a better sports shooter, as for around here aside from a few pros who seldom post pictures in the forums i attend, there are very few sports shooter, an even lesser good ones. I was at a point where it was getting futile for me to post any action shots, every body being amazed at everything i did and telling me how good i was, not having any material to compare me with. It's also so different to see mostly beautiful sunlit pictures, here in canada were lucky when it's sunny on any sport events. I have a full bag of stuff just to cover my equipment when it rains. At first glance it looks like it's always sunny in the U.S. Must say there's not that many different sports around here either, the whole province seems to have gone soccer crazy in the last 10 years or so. There's some football here and there, cycling once a week near downtown Montreal and if you want to do anything else you pretty much have to run around all over the suburbs on the weekends. I'm looking forward though to going to the Canada games in august in the eastern townships in Sherbrooke. I have been chosen along with a handful of photographers to cover the 2 week event. It will be volunteer work (of course) but it will certainly help add other different disciplines to my "portfolio".

Again thanks for the welcome and appreciation :-)

May 20, 2013 at 01:58 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password