Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · Videographers and the "swing around the couple 2 ft ...

Tim Wild
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Videographers and the "swing around the couple 2 ft away" shot. Advice?

If this swinging behaviour is really a problem tell the couple it happens, and ask them to tell the videographer "The videographer will never be closer than 4 meters from the couple". If they don't care then just deal with it and do your best.

May 22, 2013 at 08:28 PM
Mark_L
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Videographers and the "swing around the couple 2 ft away" shot. Advice?

Ian Ivey wrote:
It's good to have a clause in the contract specifically identifying and limiting liability for likely obstructions such as this. But to the OP's question, which I think was really just a question of how to talk to and work with videographers, it's usually worthwhile to ask them specifically about their techniques, and when and how often they need to be within five or ten feet of the couple. That's specific enough to lead them to discuss this approach, and then you can agree to have at least a few moments without them swooping around to get a few
...Show more

Yeah a contract clause is probably 80% arse covering 20% client awareness - it doesn't do much more than that.

May 22, 2013 at 08:40 PM
cordellwillis
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Videographers and the "swing around the couple 2 ft away" shot. Advice?

D. Diggler wrote:
Sounds like you have low self-esteem.

Where does low self-esteem come into play here? I wouldn't do that myself but really

May 22, 2013 at 08:58 PM
Giules

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Videographers and the "swing around the couple 2 ft away" shot. Advice?

G-Gore wrote:
There is NO WAY to have two "directors" an the wedding day - one vendor has to give up his/her role. Me, personally, I'm happy to let the photog run the day, as my video style is strictly documentary.

But the best solution to this is to get your own video team, and offer both services to your clients. Then you can coordinate work of the whole team (photo and video) much more easier.

Just wanted to chime in, having had some truly horrible experiences with videographers that this is the only way to avoid problems with videographers in the long run. And yeah, our video guys tell us it works both ways.

At a recent one we even had an uncle bob videographer (friend of the couple apparently) that got in a lot of key ritual shots that can't be repeated because he wanted to stay in their face with an ultra wide lens. Since we've linked up with one videography team that we like and only work with them.

It's really important to find someone with similar styles of shooting so that you can gel with them. So far we couldn't be happier about our decision. Now we just need to keep reminding couples about their guests Bob'in all over the place.

May 26, 2013 at 06:41 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password