Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2013 · Avoid Komputerbay 128GB cards for 5D3 ML RAW video hack

LCPete
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · Avoid Komputerbay 128GB cards for 5D3 ML RAW video hack

skibum5 wrote:
Well, when a card holds like 10 minutes of footage.... yes, people were desperate to find anything less expensive since you need many, many times 32GB.

Ahh I see why people would be tempted , I use 16GB cards the largest ones I've got

May 22, 2013 at 07:43 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #2 · Avoid Komputerbay 128GB cards for 5D3 ML RAW video hack

LCPete wrote:
Ahh I see why people would be tempted , I use 16GB cards the largest ones I've got

I can't see why people get tempted!!! Why would anybody prefer these useless/bad Komputerbay cards when you can buy a Transcend 1000x if paying 50-60% more. Or an Lexar 800x card for 20% more. And those cards actually work more than a couple of weeks..............
It's probably more expensive to buy those Komputerbay cards also. If you buy 5 of those you have to expect that two of them don't work

May 22, 2013 at 08:06 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #3 · Avoid Komputerbay 128GB cards for 5D3 ML RAW video hack

Lasse Eriksson wrote:
I belive this is the most funny part in the link:
Keep on mind these cards come direct from Komputerbay with a 100 percent guarentee. Meaning that if you get a card that was missed in the QC variance then return and get a different one.

So you buy a card that is made from QC failed Components. And if you return it because it was missed in the QC variance , you get another card made of QC failed components

+1

May 22, 2013 at 08:10 AM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.3 #4 · Avoid Komputerbay 128GB cards for 5D3 ML RAW video hack

Lars Johnsson wrote:
I can't see why people get tempted!!! Why would anybody prefer these useless/bad Komputerbay cards when you can buy a Transcend 1000x if paying 50-60% more. Or an Lexar 800x card for 20% more. And those cards actually work more than a couple of weeks..............
It's probably more expensive to buy those Komputerbay cards also. If you buy 5 of those you have to expect that two of them don't work

Well 800x times are not fast enough. And the Lexar 1000x time cards were more like nearing 3x as much! So people were figuring they'd give Komputerbay a shot.

May 22, 2013 at 07:44 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #5 · Avoid Komputerbay 128GB cards for 5D3 ML RAW video hack

skibum5 wrote:
Well 800x times are not fast enough. And the Lexar 1000x time cards were more like nearing 3x as much! So people were figuring they'd give Komputerbay a shot.

The Komputerbay 1000x card is not faster than the Lexar 800x Which you also could see when using it. And I wrote Transcend 1000x (not Lexar 1000x) The Transcend is only 50-60% the Lexar price.

May 22, 2013 at 08:52 PM
Claude
• • • •
p.3 #6 · Avoid Komputerbay 128GB cards for 5D3 ML RAW video hack

Lars, those Komputerbay cards are mainly used to try this Magic Lantern Raw Video Hack I would never use them for important shootings. I am even paranoiac to use Transcend cards as with SanDisk I never lost one single image

Komputerbay as well as Lexar 1000x are known to work with the hack at 19201080 24p. With slower cards you have to go down in resolution.

Komputerbay cards seem even to be sold out on Amazon.de. Because of your reviews, I am tempted by the Transcend 64GB 1000x but some user reviews on amazon.de state (2 out of 8) that write speed is less than the 600x (?). So I am not sure if they will work with the hack. But don't mind, I do not really need raw video, it is just for fun and technical interest

Claude

May 22, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #7 · Avoid Komputerbay 128GB cards for 5D3 ML RAW video hack

Claude wrote:
Lars, those Komputerbay cards are mainly used to try this Magic Lantern Raw Video Hack I would never use them for important shootings. I am even paranoiac to use Transcend cards as with SanDisk I never lost one single image

Komputerbay as well as Lexar 1000x are known to work with the hack at 19201080 24p. With slower cards you have to go down in resolution.

Komputerbay cards seem even to be sold out on Amazon.de. Because of your reviews, I am tempted by the Transcend 64GB 1000x but some user reviews on amazon.de state (2 out of 8) that
...Show more

They have been selling those Komputerbay cards a long time before the video hack came out. So I would guess 99% of those cards are not used for that. And as the O.P. wrote. They are too slow to work ok with the video hack anyway....

May 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

scalesusa
• • • •
p.3 #8 · Avoid Komputerbay 128GB cards for 5D3 ML RAW video hack

They were accused of selling counterfit name brand cards, so they put their own label on them. Still the same issues.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=komputerbay+counterfit&qs=n&form=QBRE&pq=komputerbay+counterfit&sc=0-16&sp=-1&sk=

May 23, 2013 at 02:53 AM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.3 #9 · Avoid Komputerbay 128GB cards for 5D3 ML RAW video hack

Lars Johnsson wrote:
The Komputerbay 1000x card is not faster than the Lexar 800x Which you also could see when using it. And I wrote Transcend 1000x (not Lexar 1000x) The Transcend is only 50-60% the Lexar price.

yeah I now know, but at the time people hoped
i don't know if the transcend are fast enough either, but at least they shouldn't break in like two weeks

May 23, 2013 at 03:24 AM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.3 #10 · Avoid Komputerbay 128GB cards for 5D3 ML RAW video hack

scalesusa wrote:
They were accused of selling counterfit name brand cards, so they put their own label on them. Still the same issues.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=komputerbay+counterfit&qs=n&form=QBRE&pq=komputerbay+counterfit&sc=0-16&sp=-1&sk=

I'm not surprised. I have been reading the same thing at a few different websites before. And Komputerbay don't even have a website like every other brand and Company always have.

May 23, 2013 at 06:52 AM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.3 #11 · Avoid Komputerbay 128GB cards for 5D3 ML RAW video hack

Claude wrote:

Komputerbay cards seem even to be sold out on Amazon.de. Because of your reviews, I am tempted by the Transcend 64GB 1000x but some user reviews on amazon.de state (2 out of 8) that
...Show more

Why use them if you are "paranoiac" and already own Sandisk cards It's even more expensive to buy one kind of cards for photo shooting and another brand for video

May 23, 2013 at 06:57 AM
Claude
• • • •
p.3 #12 · Avoid Komputerbay 128GB cards for 5D3 ML RAW video hack

Sven Jeppesen wrote:
Why use them if you are "paranoiac" and already own Sandisk cards It's even more expensive to buy one kind of cards for photo shooting and another brand for video

I do not use them and for normal work I would never consider buying them. My SanDisk cards are perfect for stills and movies but too slow (even the Extreme Pro is apparently to slow) for the ML Hack. But, as I have an important assignment next week I will postpone the Raw Hack to not cause damage to my 5D3

Claude

May 23, 2013 at 07:12 AM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.3 #13 · Avoid Komputerbay 128GB cards for 5D3 ML RAW video hack

Claude wrote:
I do not use them and for normal work I would never consider buying them. My SanDisk cards are perfect for stills and movies but too slow (even the Extreme Pro is apparently to slow) for the ML Hack. But, as I have an important assignment next week I will postpone the Raw Hack to not cause damage to my 5D3

Claude

Thanks for the Quick reply Claude.
Maybe your Sandisk cards are too slow. But so are the Komputerbay, so that would not make any difference And that's why the OP started this thread. Because the Komputerbay cards where too slow to work with the hack

May 23, 2013 at 07:41 AM
Claude
• • • •
p.3 #14 · Avoid Komputerbay 128GB cards for 5D3 ML RAW video hack

Yes, agree

May 23, 2013 at 07:43 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end