Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3 second interval timelapse with 1DX- need intervalometer?

eco_bach

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · 3 second interval timelapse with 1DX- need intervalometer?

Plan on shooting a 3 second interval time-lapse with a 1DX. Can anyone tell me if I will need to invest in an external intervalometer or can the 1DX do 3 second interval exposures without any accessories?

May 18, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Stoffer
• • •
p.1 #2 · 3 second interval timelapse with 1DX- need intervalometer?

You need something like the Canon Timer Remote Controller TC-80N3. Nikon has intervalometer, but Canon prefer that you buy some accessories - hopefully from them.

May 18, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Mr Joe
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · 3 second interval timelapse with 1DX- need intervalometer?

If you're shooting indoors, another option is to plug your camera into a computer and use EOS Utility.

If you don't want to spend the money on the TC-80N3, there are knock-offs available for way less. This one has worked well or me: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003PFYKGW/

May 18, 2013 at 01:28 PM
Roland W
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · 3 second interval timelapse with 1DX- need intervalometer?

Note that the Cowboystudio Timer Remote Control linked above does not have a right angle connector for the plug that goes in to the camera like the real Canon TC-80N3, so you can not use it in portrait orientation with most L brackets. I believe that some of the other non Canon ones do have the right angle plug.

May 18, 2013 at 02:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

longisland.km
• •
p.1 #5 · 3 second interval timelapse with 1DX- need intervalometer?

The "Aputure" timer remote has a right angle connector.

Or, you could explore using a smartphone based solution with DSLR Controller or Helicon Remote (I'm playing with both of those right now).

May 18, 2013 at 02:54 PM
mohoyt

p.1 #6 · 3 second interval timelapse with 1DX- need intervalometer?

I picked up a 3rd party one (I think Neewer) from Amazon, and while the build quality wasn't the best thing in the world, it was right angled and did work wonderfully. For the <20 it cost me, it was easily worth it.

May 18, 2013 at 05:24 PM
ifxbonz
• • •
p.1 #7 · 3 second interval timelapse with 1DX- need intervalometer?

There are some apps for your Iphone and a dongle connecter for your camera too. Makes sense to me . where ever I'm shooting I have my phone and a n intervalometer.

https://triggertrap.com/

I first tried a Bluetooth version from Satechi but i wasn't getting consistent interval frame timing.

Andy

May 20, 2013 at 04:30 AM
Adam Deglmann

p.1 #8 · 3 second interval timelapse with 1DX- need intervalometer?

If you have an old TI graphing calculator it can be set up as an intervalometer with a $3 cord. I did it in my 20D. There are tutorials on the web.

May 25, 2013 at 11:15 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password