Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2013 · What to post today...... OK so another First from my new Hunting Grounds..

Lil Judd
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What to post today...... OK so another First from my new Hunting Grounds..

OK I've had a hard time deciding what to post this time, but I guess I'll go with these....

But first - - which Internet browser are you using? I'm asking cause for some reason Mozilla Firefox keeps opening new windows etc which I don't ask for & that's completely new & driving me nuts. Every thread I go in on here seems to have a white open box on the bottom (some ad I don't see) for me to click away. This is new - maybe latest version of Firefox is the reason..... But it's driving me insane as well as I keep getting a window about Adobe Flash which I have the latest version of - - but it keeps telling me to upgrade it. Drives me nuts - - so, which browser do you use & what's the pop up situation in it. I've not ever had this issue before & I want it to go away.

Anyhow, after much consideration I've decided on what to share & here they are....

Another first from my new hunting grounds - - Wilson's Warbler

I was waiting on another bird, when I see this yellow thing come closer. Missed my first opportunity, but then I had a little luck. This is the result of a few seconds with Mr. Wilson's Warbler....

Hope you'll enjoy this set....

Lil

http://lilknytt.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v76/p1601568216-5.jpg

2. I think he hears my shutter....

http://lilknytt.zenfolio.com/img/s9/v90/p1601568682-5.jpg

3. Sitting pretty I think

http://lilknytt.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v83/p1601572480-5.jpg

4. Jump move

http://lilknytt.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v82/p1601572294-5.jpg

http://lilknytt.zenfolio.com/img/s9/v89/p1601573646-5.jpg

6. And probably my favorite pose....

http://lilknytt.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v85/p1601575842-5.jpg

and for Karl

7. A Flowering Tree

http://lilknytt.zenfolio.com/img/s9/v91/p1601576552-5.jpg

and finally just for fun - - a photo of my two Big Boys.... I was playing with a few lenses & needed subjects so I let the two of them into the arena together with hope of some action. This is our little American Shetland stallion RCA Cajun Colt 45 aka ColieOlie and our 17'2" hand Oldenburg x Hannovarian x TB gelding Naboo playing in the arena. Those of you who remember Destined, I lost him about 1 1/2 years ago. So this is the current horses we have

http://lilknytt.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v80/p1411825396-5.jpg

May 17, 2013 at 08:53 PM
Karl Witt
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What to post today...... OK so another First from my new Hunting Grounds..

That horse is HUGE! Or that other one is really small Either way they are both gorgeous animals Lil, powerful look to the 17.2 Hey, I drink a wine called 14 Hands

#7 for me Why thank you my dear! That is quite an off shoot of a bloom, I like your frame filling comp here Lil, a beauty of shot you isolated here and thank you

Really lovely work on the Wilsons Warbler Lil, you got some great poses from slightly above which has not been anything I have had luck with lately on Warblers.
I liike #4 and the uniqueness of #4! Love your yellows and cooool greens here, sweet.

Karl

May 17, 2013 at 09:46 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · What to post today...... OK so another First from my new Hunting Grounds..

Really lovely set Lil !!

Birdie

May 17, 2013 at 09:55 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · What to post today...... OK so another First from my new Hunting Grounds..

An excellent warbler series, Lil. (Posey pic is okay also. )
And you caught the jump (#4) perfectly- with the body/tail contorted and none of the toes actually grasping anything.
Also love the horsey shot. I'm a city boy, but I'll bet the Shetland is dominant in their relationship .
Charlie

May 17, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Lil Judd
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · What to post today...... OK so another First from my new Hunting Grounds..

Karl Witt wrote:
That horse is HUGE! Or that other one is really small Either way they are both gorgeous animals Lil, powerful look to the 17.2 Hey, I drink a wine called 14 Hands

#7 for me Why thank you my dear! That is quite an off shoot of a bloom, I like your frame filling comp here Lil, a beauty of shot you isolated here and thank you

Really lovely work on the Wilsons Warbler Lil, you got some great poses from slightly above which has not been anything I have had luck with lately on Warblers.
I liike #4 and
...Show more

Dear Karl

Naboo's huge. He's even taller than Destined was. Each hand is about 4 inches. So Naboo measures in at 70 inches + as he's actually 17'2" +. That's at the highest point of his back, the withers. He weighs approximately 1800 lbs according to my Vet. We have no scale for him

Colie's only 44 1/2 inches tall now fully grown. He weighs about 375 lbs. So - they're two extremes - one extremely tall, the other extremely small

enjoy your wine

Glad you like the flower/blooming tree. I immediately thought of you when I had shot that - that's one to share with Karl I thought

Glad you like my Wilson's Warbler. He was such a treat I must say. I was ready to go home having given up & there he was

Thanks Karl

Lil

birdied wrote:
Really lovely set Lil !!

Birdie

Thanks Roberta

glad you enjoyed

Lil

Charlie Shugart wrote:
An excellent warbler series, Lil. (Posey pic is okay also. )
And you caught the jump (#4) perfectly- with the body/tail contorted and none of the toes actually grasping anything.
Also love the horsey shot. I'm a city boy, but I'll bet the Shetland is dominant in their relationship .
Charlie

Thanks Charlie,

glad you enjoyed the warbler series & that the flower was ok

The jump was plain luck as I'm sure you know But I'm so happy I got it

So happy you like the photo of my Big Boys. You're city boy's instincts are correct - - the Shetland is the dominant one. The joke is that the really big guys just can't imagine hurting the little guy (Shetland). So instead he hurts them. There's been a few emergency vet calls I have to tell you. That's why they're rarely out together. But they're very social with each other. Always hanging out together through the barn doors.

Glad you enjoyed

Lil

May 17, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Desert Drake
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · What to post today...... OK so another First from my new Hunting Grounds..

Really like #3, #1, and #5, Lil. I see you have a desert willow in bloom or it sure looks like one. Great shot of your horses.
Al

May 17, 2013 at 10:19 PM
KCollett
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · What to post today...... OK so another First from my new Hunting Grounds..

Nice work on the warbler Lil. Well done.

May 17, 2013 at 10:46 PM
KirkB
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · What to post today...... OK so another First from my new Hunting Grounds..

Congrats on the Wilson's Lil... you caught him in some beautiful light and very nice poses.
Great shot of your two beautiful horses playing around.
Lovely set... very well done as always.

Kirk

May 18, 2013 at 12:57 AM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · What to post today...... OK so another First from my new Hunting Grounds..

sweet stuff Lil... the little Warbler would be my favorite

May 18, 2013 at 03:20 AM
Jude Perera
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · What to post today...... OK so another First from my new Hunting Grounds..

Nice set Lil.

Try opera as the browser. You may like it. I use Chrome for my tab.

Jude

May 18, 2013 at 03:22 AM
thomas_1950
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · What to post today...... OK so another First from my new Hunting Grounds..

Stunning set of Wilson's Warblers Lil. Super composition, detail and colors! Gotta love those poses.

Best,
Tom

May 18, 2013 at 04:22 AM
Tim Kuhn
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · What to post today...... OK so another First from my new Hunting Grounds..

Excellent work Lil and congrats on ANOTHER first You did a real bang up job on this little guy Wow Naboo is quite the animal, a gorgeous creature for sure.

As for your browser, I use Firefox all the time for browsing Fred's without any issues. I'm curious as to why you think you have the lates version of Flash plugged in to your instance of FF, I'm betting you don't. The reason you see a " white open box" is because you don't have the version of Flash needed to display the ad. You could always just not click on the ad and avoid any issue altogether.

Tim

May 18, 2013 at 08:54 AM
David Leask
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · What to post today...... OK so another First from my new Hunting Grounds..

Lovely shots Lil, well done!
David

May 18, 2013 at 03:17 PM
Lil Judd
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · What to post today...... OK so another First from my new Hunting Grounds..

Desert Drake wrote:
Really like #3, #1, and #5, Lil. I see you have a desert willow in bloom or it sure looks like one. Great shot of your horses.
Al

Thanks Al for your picks & for giving me the name of the tree.

Glad you enjoyed

Lil

KCollett wrote:
Nice work on the warbler Lil. Well done.

Thanks Ken

glad you enjoyed

Lil

KirkB wrote:
Congrats on the Wilson's Lil... you caught him in some beautiful light and very nice poses.
Great shot of your two beautiful horses playing around.
Lovely set... very well done as always.

Kirk

Thanks Kirk,

glad you enjoyed

Lil

May 19, 2013 at 03:37 AM
Plinian
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · What to post today...... OK so another First from my new Hunting Grounds..

All very nice, Lil. Great light on a delightful bird, wonderful poses, and that Shetland sure is cute!

Greg

May 19, 2013 at 05:43 AM
CDaescher
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · What to post today...... OK so another First from my new Hunting Grounds..

Nice set, Lil.
I sure enjoyed your yellow thing.
Chris

May 19, 2013 at 09:54 AM
Ed Robertson
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · What to post today...... OK so another First from my new Hunting Grounds..

Real nice Lil. Ed

May 19, 2013 at 04:42 PM
dorian
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · What to post today...... OK so another First from my new Hunting Grounds..

great stuff. i really like the jump shot, it is a really unique pose.

dorian

May 19, 2013 at 05:10 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · What to post today...... OK so another First from my new Hunting Grounds..

Wonderful shots Lil. I know all too well just how tough it is to get a shot of this guy...you did great! The horses, both larger than life and the little one are awesome.
Eric

May 19, 2013 at 05:45 PM
Dean M.
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · What to post today...... OK so another First from my new Hunting Grounds..

Very nice, great looking bird and great shots

May 19, 2013 at 05:56 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.