New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · My beloved 35L is ill

oasis
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My beloved 35L is ill

My absolute favorite lens developed some symptoms that seem problematic. It's going to head to CPS, but I thought I'd post and see if the experts could tell me what to expect.

Basically, it's an Err01 issue. On my 5d2, the lens buzzes and whirrs briefly (aperture movement sounds) from the moment it is attached to the camera, even if the camera is off. I can take photos with the lens without error messages as long as it is not wide open at 1.4, or stopped down past 3.2, but the lens will make the buzz/whirr aperture sound immediately after taking a photo. Wide open at 1.4 or stopped down 3.2 or beyond leads to an Err01 message when a photo is taken. The sound comes from the aperture closing partially at least twice in short succession.

On a 5d3, the Err01 is immediate from the moment the lens is mounted and the camera is turned on.

I tried cleaning the contacts of the lens really well with a pencil eraser. Doesn't seem to have any effect...

What do you guys think this might be?

May 17, 2013 at 05:54 PM
oasis
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My beloved 35L is ill

No thoughts? Anyone?

May 18, 2013 at 01:55 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · My beloved 35L is ill

Maybe it feels a little bit threatened by the new Sigma ? Just kidding.....

May 18, 2013 at 01:58 PM
oasis
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · My beloved 35L is ill

. Perhaps the 35L is a little psychic in addition to its other powers. The new Sigma is quickly on the way after I realized I couldn't take the 35L on my upcoming trip!

May 18, 2013 at 02:03 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.