Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Canon Pro 9000 Mark II Printer lines in print

Kathy White
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon Pro 9000 Mark II Printer lines in print

I am struggling with my printer and just curious if anyone else has had something like this occur. This problem does not show up on all prints. But I suspect they are there and just not as visible. Mostly I am actually seeing it with medium tones where there are some taupes, blues and greens. There are very faint, lighter than the printed color lines all across and all the way down the prints, occuring about every 1/4th inch in a perfect pattern. There is never any deviation in the distance between the lines, they are perfectly spaced. I have tried all the maintenance checks. Printed to check the nozels,cleaned the nozels, aligned the head, switched print heads, and changed out all the cartridges. I use Ilford Pearl and Canon semigloss plus paper. It is doing it equally on both types. I am buying a new printer tomorrow, but hate to just pitch this one if there is just something HUA I am missing. Also, I do refill my cartridges with a vacuum type refiller and use OCP Inks.

Anyone else ever had this? I use the printer quite a bit. Is it just gone?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Kathy

May 17, 2013 at 08:28 PM
Hammy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon Pro 9000 Mark II Printer lines in print

Kathy,

I have three of those printers. The common problem that exhibits the lines you are getting are either a clogged nozzle or incorrect paper definition.

For clogged nozzles, it sounds like you've done all of the things necessary:
- clean heads
- swap carts
- swapped print heads
But I would try roller cleaning and bottom plate cleaning also. From what I remember, I've done those once on one of my printers, but I think it was for fixing a smudge showing up at the end of prints.

Otherwise, having the wrong paper type or not having enough quality can produce lines. One of our printers needs the quality type set to high, because standard will produce lines for some colors. We generally like to print on standard so that it uses less ink and prints faster, but that one is stuck on high.

Good luck.

May 18, 2013 at 08:36 PM
Kathy White
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon Pro 9000 Mark II Printer lines in print

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate any suggestions. I am printing on highest quality and I have the paper set to either of the 2 papers I usfor either ilfoe as well as the correct profile. I use photoshop manages color and switch to the profile for the paper type.

I am going to try cleaning the head again tomorrow as well as the bottom plate and roller. I am also wondering if perhaps I need to purge or flush all my cartridges. I have never done so and do alot of printing and have refilled them numberous times.

May 19, 2013 at 04:30 AM
bobh665

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon Pro 9000 Mark II Printer lines in print

I also refill my cartridges for my 9000 MKII. Are you using OEM carts? They work the best. Aftermarket carts are hit and miss and not very reliable. A couple of other places that may help you with your problem are the Niffty Stuff Inkjet Printer Forum for Canon:

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4

Also Dpreviews printing forum has some very knowledgeable 9000 MKII people. Im sure you will get some good advice there:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/1003

Good luck

May 19, 2013 at 07:58 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Kathy White
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon Pro 9000 Mark II Printer lines in print

Yes, I am only using the OEM cartridges. Thanks for the links, I will check them out.

May 19, 2013 at 08:34 PM
lesaus
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon Pro 9000 Mark II Printer lines in print

When you cleaned the heads, did you use the automated head-cleaning process, or did you actually remove the heads and clean them? If the former, I found that this is just a huge waste of ink on my 9500II.

To really clean the heads, remove the cartridges and put them in individual plastic bags (sandwich size works well), or recap with the caps that come with the carts. Then remove the head assembly carefully.

Slowly run warm water over the heads and the area where the ink enters the heads until all color is removed - this may take a while. If a particular color is difficult to remove, soak the heads in water in a container and repeat the rinsing process.

Once all ink has been removed, shake excess water from the heads and blow canned air around the crevices. Then use a hair dryer to complete the process.

Re-install heads and inks and print a test pattern.

This process has always cleared any ink issues I have had.

Good luck!!

May 20, 2013 at 01:05 PM
Hammy
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon Pro 9000 Mark II Printer lines in print

lesaus wrote:
Slowly run warm water over the heads and the area where the ink enters the heads until all color is removed - this may take a while. If a particular color is difficult to remove, soak the heads in water in a container and repeat the rinsing process.

I've done this quite a bit on various heads over the years, but I've always used either windex or something with substantial alcohol content so that no water or residue is left on the head or inside the nozzles.
Obviously, I don't know that it's required, as I've never used water only as lesaus has, but it has worked every time for stubborn clogs - but it looks as if water would work also.

@lesaus - great to see somebody from my hometown! It's been a long time since I've been back to my birthplace: Strongsville, OH. It's probably changed quite a bit in the past 2-3 decades!

May 21, 2013 at 07:55 PM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon Pro 9000 Mark II Printer lines in print

I have this printer and it has been faultless...but I had an Epson R800 that behaved strangely despite all the checks and Epson Support advised me that from the description I gave, the pattern being printed was 'on demand'...by that he meant the processor was calling for it, implying the circuit board was defective.

I also read at a later date that this could have been the result of excessive head cleaning filling up the waste pads and there being ink vapour inside the printer, effecting the circuit board.

Basically...I think you need to contact Canon support!!

May 22, 2013 at 12:20 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password