Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Archive 2013 · 1 picture that represents my life

friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 1 picture that represents my life

allstarimaging wrote:
YEP..just wait until she turns 16 is dating a kid you can't stand and you find yourself getting the silent treatment in your own home. Enjoy it while it lasts

Jack

Thanks for the warning, Jack. For now, I'm going to choose not to think about that.

May 18, 2013 at 05:11 AM
Bruce Sawle
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 1 picture that represents my life

friscoron wrote:
Thanks, Lisa! I can imagine what it's like with so much love and 9.8 kids in your house!

When Lisa's kids run to her it's a small stampede.

May 18, 2013 at 05:29 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 1 picture that represents my life

Bruce Sawle wrote:
When Lisa's kids run to her it's a small stampede.

Yep! That's when her lens' VR mode comes into play, otherwise there'd be all sorts of camera shake going on!

May 18, 2013 at 05:45 AM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · 1 picture that represents my life

May 18, 2013 at 02:48 PM
deinfaces
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · 1 picture that represents my life

Wonderful shot and write-up.

May 18, 2013 at 04:56 PM
Achilles2010
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · 1 picture that represents my life

Ron,

Your post resonates with me and I am sure with so many others, to the extend, that you owe us a favor! Please, frame the photo along with essay that you wrote and hang it on the wall! I promise, if you do that, I'll let you keep the title of the most luckiest and happiest man on the world!

You made my day!

Best,

Arthur

May 19, 2013 at 01:06 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · 1 picture that represents my life

deinfaces wrote:
Wonderful shot and write-up.

Thanks, Bob! I appreciate it.

May 19, 2013 at 02:32 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · 1 picture that represents my life

Achilles2010 wrote:
Ron,

Your post resonates with me and I am sure with so many others, to the extend, that you owe us a favor! Please, frame the photo along with essay that you wrote and hang it on the wall! I promise, if you do that, I'll let you keep the title of the most luckiest and happiest man on the world!

You made my day!

Best,

Arthur

Ha! Arthur, you're killing me. I often say that myself to others...

But I agree, I think I should create something like that. And I do want to keep that honor of being considered by you to be the luckiest man alive! Yeah, definitely have to do this.

May 19, 2013 at 02:34 PM
davenfl
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · 1 picture that represents my life

Well all this is what makes you my friend Ron, you appreciate the small and finer points of life. This is what makes you that person I enjoy talking with and whose company, albeit remote, I enjoy. Take care my friend.

Dave

May 19, 2013 at 02:50 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · 1 picture that represents my life

davenfl wrote:
Well all this is what makes you my friend Ron, you appreciate the small and finer points of life. This is what makes you that person I enjoy talking with and whose company, albeit remote, I enjoy. Take care my friend.

Dave

Dave, thanks so much! I so appreciate our friendship and I was hoping you would see this.

May 20, 2013 at 01:15 PM

ktan7

p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · 1 picture that represents my life

Love this! #life

May 20, 2013 at 04:40 PM
borderlight
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · 1 picture that represents my life

The essence of joy and happiness summed up in one, brief shining moment. It speaks without needing narrative, although that provided a good backstory.

May 20, 2013 at 05:09 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · 1 picture that represents my life

ktan7 wrote:
Love this! #life

thanks, ktan7!

May 21, 2013 at 04:10 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · 1 picture that represents my life

borderlight wrote:
The essence of joy and happiness summed up in one, brief shining moment. It speaks without needing narrative, although that provided a good backstory.

thanks, borderlight! As for the narrative, I was just looking at the picture and remembering the moment of her running up to me, and that she does it so often, and everything just came out. I do like that you see that it stands alone without the narrative.

May 21, 2013 at 04:11 AM
Paul Bottomley
• •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · 1 picture that represents my life

I don't post much but do lurk however I had to come out and say what a fantastic post. the memory you captured there is why our family photo's are so precious. The back story brings it to life even more.

My little guy is 6 and I try very hard not to take for granted any day and your post sums up exactly why.

All the best to you and your family

May 21, 2013 at 05:31 AM
Brian Sullivan

p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · 1 picture that represents my life

Great shot and certainly one to cherish. My daughter does the same, every day after school. I'm going to miss this when she gets a little older. I think I just may bring my camera to school today....

Brian

May 21, 2013 at 10:41 AM
canerino
• • • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · 1 picture that represents my life

Awesome. I totally get this and understand it completely! I have very similar feelings!

These (almost exact) feelings is what lead me on a quest to document my 'real' life...unfiltered. I dont want hundreds of portraits of my son's in clothing that they only wear once for the shoot. Will those photos flatter my subjects? No doubt, but they are not 'real'...they are empty and lack substance. They will not serve as a reminder of just how great I had it when I'm older and wrinklier.

I love the photo you posted because it is real and it has substance...those are her clothes coming from her school and you are standing where you would normally greeting her just as you would normally. There will come a time when she runs FROM you...but you will ALWAYS have that moment.

Great reminder, Ron for us photographers to use the skills we have to document our daily lives...because when this day passes, its gone.

May 21, 2013 at 04:55 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · 1 picture that represents my life

Paul Bottomley wrote:
I don't post much but do lurk however I had to come out and say what a fantastic post. the memory you captured there is why our family photo's are so precious. The back story brings it to life even more.

My little guy is 6 and I try very hard not to take for granted any day and your post sums up exactly why.

All the best to you and your family

Paul, thanks so much! I was hoping this piece would encourage others but it sounds like you're already on it!

Ron

May 22, 2013 at 03:38 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · 1 picture that represents my life

Brian Sullivan wrote:
Great shot and certainly one to cherish. My daughter does the same, every day after school. I'm going to miss this when she gets a little older. I think I just may bring my camera to school today....

Brian

That's awesome, Brian! Gotta enjoy it while you can!

May 22, 2013 at 03:38 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · 1 picture that represents my life

canerino wrote:
Awesome. I totally get this and understand it completely! I have very similar feelings!

These (almost exact) feelings is what lead me on a quest to document my 'real' life...unfiltered. I dont want hundreds of portraits of my son's in clothing that they only wear once for the shoot. Will those photos flatter my subjects? No doubt, but they are not 'real'...they are empty and lack substance. They will not serve as a reminder of just how great I had it when I'm older and wrinklier.

I love the photo you posted because it is real and it has substance...those
...Show more

I completely agree, Chuck, and appreciate all you have to say here. The best photographs are capturing real moments in life. That's the power of Family PJ.

Thanks again!
Ron

May 22, 2013 at 03:40 AM
       3       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password