Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Need dirt cheap digicam, bridge cam or dslr that has these features

chupacabra31
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Need dirt cheap digicam, bridge cam or dslr that has these features

Need a backup cam of sorts that can do manual focus, live view (although not mandatory), and does macro. My staple camera (dslr) is going to be in the repair facility for up to 3 weeks for sensor dust issue and from what I have read the company may not perm fix and it may have to go back again! So yeah either need a cheap digi cam with these caps, bridge cam or cheap nik dslr. Really can't afford more then $100 and even that is a killer after shelling out all this bread for a new macro lens and cam.

May 15, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Need dirt cheap digicam, bridge cam or dslr that has these features

What brand and model DSLR do you have that takes so long to repair?

I don't think you can find any used DSLR w/lens at $100. Even a body using your existing lenses, would be outside your price limit. Maybe I'm wrong, but you are looking at used P&S in that range, lacking manual focus.

May 15, 2013 at 11:56 AM
kwalsh
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Need dirt cheap digicam, bridge cam or dslr that has these features

Probably your best bet would be to purchase a used Nikon DSLR of your choice - which would likely cost a fair bit more than $100 - and then when you get your camera back resell the used camera you just bought. Total cost would probably be less than $100 by a fair amount - probably less than $50 for shipping and selling fees total. That assumes you have the cash to temporarily lay out on the used body.

May 15, 2013 at 02:24 PM
ytwong
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Need dirt cheap digicam, bridge cam or dslr that has these features

rent?

If sensor dust is the only issue and I need a camera then I probably wouldn't send it to repair.

May 16, 2013 at 01:15 AM
ISO1600
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Need dirt cheap digicam, bridge cam or dslr that has these features

I would say get a cleaning kit for $30 (if that) and clean it yourself.

May 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM
ken.vs.ryu
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Need dirt cheap digicam, bridge cam or dslr that has these features

Saw a nex for $100 on b&s.

May 16, 2013 at 11:07 AM
ultrapix
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Need dirt cheap digicam, bridge cam or dslr that has these features

I suppose we are talking about a D600, so it's not a matter of mere dust cleaning. I'd go for a D70, D100, or so...

May 16, 2013 at 12:11 PM
DaveOls
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Need dirt cheap digicam, bridge cam or dslr that has these features

If you would go for a smaller camera, A Nikon One J1 refurb with 10-30mm kit lens is
$ 209 at Cametas.

May 17, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Need dirt cheap digicam, bridge cam or dslr that has these features

ken.vs.ryu wrote:
Saw a nex for $100 on b&s.

With lens?

May 17, 2013 at 04:14 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Need dirt cheap digicam, bridge cam or dslr that has these features

DaveOls wrote:
If you would go for a smaller camera, A Nikon One J1 refurb with 10-30mm kit lens is
$ 209 at Cametas.

That's a good deal, but he's got $100 max. And that's not really a manual focusing camera, not functionally like he seems to be asking.

May 17, 2013 at 04:17 PM
chupacabra31
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Need dirt cheap digicam, bridge cam or dslr that has these features

Turns out the company (purposely withheld for litigation reasons and also to deter flaming from the fan boys), Is doing the fix in record time. Shows it will be back in my hands tomorrow. Just hope the fixed vs cleaned the low pass filter.

I would wet clean however it may not be fixed by a wet cleaning if it is oil vs dust. Additionally I don't see why I should have to constantly spend added expense and time on cleaning the sensor because of what is so clearly a manufacturer defect.

Currently I never remove the lens from my camera. Additionally in the past when I had another camera from the same company I never had this issue and I was not nearly as careful as I am now with when and where I remove a lens from the camera. Seems the built in sensor cleaner more then did its job for years! Additionally had a camera from a competitor that never had this issue either.

The price I paid for this camera should entitle me to a functional sensor dust cleaner especially when the camera has such a low amount of use age from it and shutter clicks.

May 23, 2013 at 12:47 PM
alwang
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Need dirt cheap digicam, bridge cam or dslr that has these features

chupacabra31 wrote:
Turns out the company (purposely withheld for litigation reasons and also to deter flaming from the fan boys), Is doing the fix in record time. Shows it will be back in my hands tomorrow. Just hope the fixed vs cleaned the low pass filter.

I would wet clean however it may not be fixed by a wet cleaning if it is oil vs dust. Additionally I don't see why I should have to constantly spend added expense and time on cleaning the sensor because of what is so clearly a manufacturer defect.

Currently I never remove the lens from my camera. Additionally
...Show more

Heh, I think from this description most of us can hazard a pretty good guess which manufacturer you're talking about.

May 23, 2013 at 02:43 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.